I would love to cancel my service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
COREYANGFINLEY
Sophomore

I would love to cancel my service.

I want to cancel my service. My service is awful. I have speeds down to 1mbs. How can I get this done?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Lets see if we can somehow get you back on track.

Your first comment was to the effect of  "I wish to cancel my sevice".

Answer: You can NOT cancel your service via the Community. It must be done by phone.

The number to do so is: (866) 347-3292

Your second comment was:. "Is hughsnet going to let me out of what is left on my contract?"

The anser again is .. Not likely and not without good reason and not without a good faith effort at troubleshooting the issue.

Your third comment was:  "I can name off all kinds of reasons. Slow connection speeds. And by slow I am talking about 1mbs"

The answer is ... Anything can break .. if its broke, it needs to have the root cause determined. You have yet to do that within this topic. To do so we have to determine the baseline performance of your system under a controled set of conditions. I will post the procedure for doing so at the end of my reply.

Your fourth comment was:  "I would like to see a copy of the contract I signed"

Answer: As stated to you previously your terminal could not have been registered and put into sevice without you having accepted the Subscriber Agreement at the time of installation. There is no actual "signature" but there is a digital signature obtained by the installer the time of modem registration.

You stated in part:  'My hole hughesnet experience has been less than sad. I should have known that this wasn't going to be good when the installer drilled a hole on accident threw my wall and just left it. When I contacted hughesnet about getting it fixed they never returned a call'

Installers are required to submit pictures of key areas of every install. I suggest that you post a photo of the hole that you feel the installer improperly drilled.

The forum Mods are at the Corporate level and can pull up the pictures submitted by the installer.

You also stated in part:  " All I want is better service than a half a mbs speed and a hole in my wall fixed. I would be happy if they just sent me a box to send there stuff back and waive the etf. I am willing to work with hughesnet if they would be willing to work with "

Answer: You will not be let out of your contract unless a review of your sales call indicates that the service was not properly presented to you.

The hole in the wall can be reviewed and addressed after you post pictures of what you feel was done improperly.

As to "better service" we need to measure what your system performance levels are by doing a series of speed tests. That process will be outlined at the end of this reply.

As to performance we need to have you open the Modems SCC (System Control Center) at 192.168.0.1 and see if there are any current active error codes and to insure you are not in FAP.

If all is well there it is time to run a series of speed tests:

To help the Hughesnet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, you should create a testmy.net account and perform a batch of 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, all using a 12MB manual download test. Then share the account results link with us here.  You can do so by clicking on "Results" and copying the URL in the address bar and pasting it into a reply post.  

Please keep in mind that Hughesnet will only accept testmy.net and the official Hughesnet speed test results. Tests from other sites like speedtest.net are not accepted due to the compression technologies and latency that satellite deploys.

Most important points:

-perform the tests while signed into the testmy.net account
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO ROUTER or Wireless devices)
-use the 12MB size download test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/C0RR0SIVE

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

This is the link that they need to see:

http://testmy.net/quickstats/corey%20finley

You will need to run more of those 12MB tests....

Good morning Corey,

Thank you for the speed tests, I'll escalate your case with these speed tests up to our engineers: 

I'll post back once I have any updates to share or additional instructions from engineering.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning Corey,

Thank you for this latest test result. I have yet to hear back from engineering on your case, so I've pinged them for an update and sent in your latest speed test.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Good morning Corey,

The engineer informed me that a capacity expansion is scheduled for this week to alleviate your speed concerns. Please monitor your system performance next weekend and let me know if you see any significant improvement in speeds.

Good morning Corey,

I was just informed by the engineer that a capacity expansion was performed on your beam last night. Please monitor your system performance and let me know if you are seeing any improvements.

Looking forward to hearing back.

GabeU

@southernsierra

Though you are surely frustrated with the situation, spamming on multiple boards isn't going to make the situation any better.  Please stop doing so.  Not only is it a violatioin of the Community Guidelines and/or TOS, it is very annoying to other customers who are here trying to get help. 

If you start a new post in the appropriate section about the issue, which would be the myAccount and Billing section (which this particular message is in), you will get a reply, but again, please stop spamming.   

Hi @GabeU

I have startred a thread, I have called, I have not been able to reach any support representative.

I will continue to discuss my issues here until they are resolved.

GabeU

@southernsierra

You're certainly free to do whatever you like, but continual violation of the rules of the forum will simply end up with you being booted, and after that happens if you have a future issue you won't be able to use this avenue of support.  

Discussing your issue is one thing.  Spamming about it on multiple threads is another.  Just please stop the spamming.  

Thanks @GabeU

I guess the issure lies in the fact that I am not currently getting support here. That is likely the issue at hand. So the incentive to actually care is very small.

GabeU

@southernsierra

This is the last I'll post regarding this.  Your service being cancelled is an account issue, not a tech issue, and separate from the tech issues you've been having.

The reps monitor the myAccount and Billing section because most of it concerns things that we customers cannot help with, which is where THIS particular issue should be posted so you can receive assistance.

Thanks Gabe for making that clear, you are quite helpful. I have started a new thread. Overall it just sucks though, cancelled service, no internet, $175 random charge.

I agree the service is horrible, but they will charge you the early termination fee and then give you a headache reading the script they have been given, without listening to a word you say.