Hughesnet Community

Im not paying this termination fee because i moved.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katz456
New Poster

Im not paying this termination fee because i moved.

Ok. The ONLY reason I got this was because it was the only thing out there. Well I moved 6 months ago and I'm having to pay 17 bucks a month basically for the box. This is ridiculous and I shouldn't have to pay $400 because I moved and got a better service. What happens if I just don't pay this fee and return it.
8 REPLIES 8
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

If you don't pay your debts, you will ruin your credit (or will not be able to obtain credit anymore), you'll be sent to collections, etc.  Edit: have you contacted the company to discuss your situation?

I have tried to talk to them and I got nowhere with them. I just want to return the equipment and be done with it. The service sucked and it never worked right.
GabeU

@Katz456

Pretty much the only two options you have are to pay the ETF, which would be less than $400 now, or choose not to pay it and have it go into collections.  The latter trashes your credit, of course.  

If you still had the service, they would try to fix it for you, and in the event that they couldn't, it might be a different story with the ETF, but that can't happen now.  

In the end, you moving is your choice.  Moving doesn't break the contract nor absolve you from your obligations to the contract.  You can always have the service moved to your new location, as well.  

Edit:  If you suspended the service, the contract end date is pushed out, of course.  In this case, what I said above about the ETF being less than $400 may not be correct.

Well this was there solution. I'm paying only for equipment really. There's no other way to bring down the ETF. I could pay half but not all.
GabeU

You're in a pickle, that's for sure.  😞  

I feel for you.  

Good morning Katz,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. The ETF is still valid, but as Gabe mentioned, the suspension also delays the commitment end date.  Right now in our system, your commitment end date is 4/22/2020.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Katz,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can help.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

I'm tagging the mods here. Maybe they will have some option for you.

@Liz, @Amanda