Impossible to pay bill on line via cheking account

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jreves
New Poster

Impossible to pay bill on line via cheking account

I'm writing to make you aware of a substantial problem with Hughes' payment system which is costing your company significant revenue and denying services and products to some of your members and potential customers. I have spent many hours on the phone with your customer service department without results.

The problem:
When I place an order and select a payment method consisting of a bank checking account with a bank routing number and account number your system generates an email message to me claiming that my bank has declined the charge. When I contact my bank and when I contact the telecheck organization, both of these entities deny that they have received any communication from Amazon requesting a purchase authorization.

Please note that the bank holding this checking account, Bank of the West, does not issue debit cards for this trust checking account, therefore use of a debit card number for purchases from this account is not an option. Many of the purchases I need to make must be made directly from this account, not indirectly via other accounts.

Summary: Your system is automatically generating false purchase denial notices for purchases from checking accounts via routing and account number without ever seeking authorization from either the bank or the telecheck organization. This makes it impossible to make payments and denies Hughes the opportunity to profit from making sales to me.

Thank you for investigating this problem.

John Reves
Saline, Michigan

5 REPLIES 5
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@jreves wrote:
The problem:
When I place an order and select a payment method consisting of a bank checking account with a bank routing number and account number your system generates an email message to me claiming that my bank has declined the charge.  

What kind of order is it you're trying to place?  Are you trying to buy a WiFi booster or some type of add on service for your HughesNet internet?    

@jreves wrote:
When I contact my bank and when I contact the telecheck organization, both of these entities deny that they have received any communication from Amazon requesting a purchase authorization. 

Why would they be getting a communication from Amazon for a purchase authorization from HughesNet?

Reference to Amazon is my mistake editing document. I am just trying to pay my bill via electronic checking. Customer support advises transaction denied by bank. That is NOT TRUE; neither bank nor telecheck has been contacted by Hughes. Therefore impossible to pay bill. Customer support no help. Will be dumping this lousey service.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I hope the mods on this site get back to you soon and sort the problem out for you. 

Liz

Good morning jreves,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. That does sound puzzling, I'd like to help get to the bottom of this; please allow me time to investigate. First of all, when did you first receive this email from us about the declined charge?

Were you ever able to successfully pay using that particular bank account?

I'll reach out to you once I have any updates or more questions.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning jreves,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!