Is poor customer service normal

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ner0tic
Freshman

Is poor customer service normal

I see a few other topics on here.  I ran into an issue where I had a metal roof put on my home and when I called to have my service reconnected.  THey informed me my equipment that was out dated - my 2yr contract had ended a month prior and Set me up for an install of the new equpment.

Fast forward to a month after the new equipment is running and I'm double billed for the new service and the old service the installer removed.

Two days of emails and phone calls to simply have some kind of note added to my account to "ease confusion later" incase I encounter any issues... Issues relating to them assigning two SANs to my address  by malforming my address to spoof their system and double charge me.  Once that was finally corrected, here we are 3 months later and they now billed me for not returning the equipment their own installer took after the initial install of the updated equpment.

I call and "Due to COVID19 staffing is low" and I'm instructed to call back later and the system hangs up. I try to use the Chat option and am told there are no representatives available and disconnects the chat.  I try the email option which loads an online form - not an email address - that limits my character imput to 200 characters.  Hard to even ask why I was erroneously billed.  Never received a copy of the email sent - Assuming it even did.
I have been a customer going into my third year and if I had any other options for internet I would take it without a second thought.  

TLDR: Hughesnet billed me an extra $450 and have had no way to communicate with me as to why... again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello ner0tic,

Thanks for reaching out, please private message me the two SANs in question so I can look into this for you.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

" Is poor customer service normal"

No. 

So, double billing customers using fiticious addresses an charging a fee for not returning equipment they collected normal or just your interpretation of quality customer service?

I see the community fits.  Thanks professor for chiming in with some useful and constructive assistance.    

maratsade

It's an error. Errors happen (you've made a few in the past few minutes yourself), and it'll get fixed. Just wait for the HN staff on this site to have a look at the issue. 

Interesting how so many get fixated on system-given labels.  The system has given me a label of "professor" based on how long I've been here and how many times I've posted. I didn't choose it; focusing on this system-given label to vent your anger is  silly, New Member. 

ner0tic wrote:

So, double billing customers using fiticious addresses an charging a fee for not returning equipment they collected normal or just your interpretation of quality customer service?

I see the community fits.  Thanks professor for chiming in with some useful and constructive assistance.    

Please enlighten me on the mistakes I have made? 

Calling customer service upon noticing the issue to be hung up on? 

Trying out the chat option for it to fail? 

Posting on this forum to be attempted to be talked down to by you?  

My tone has been abraisive, yes, but I have never dealt with a poorly supported company within the technology sector.  

I could give a flying **bleep** about system labels, I'm here looking for solutions.  I have tried all of their supposed avenues and was met here by your useless sarcastic **bleep**.  So again, if you are going to contribute continued useless non constructive help, kindly **bleep**.

maratsade

I don't know what all those bleeps stand for, but it sounds like you're taking your anger out on me. If only that got your issues resolved, but alas, it will not.  Best of luck to you,and God bless. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Please refrain from replying to my topic if you have nothing constructive to contribute.  Tough time reading professor?

Hello ner0tic,

Thanks for reaching out, please private message me the two SANs in question so I can look into this for you.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Sorry your impression of what this customer-to-customer site is for doesn't meet your expectations to vent. Or maybe you're just more @ner0tic than you thought. But if you're going to get nasty, please take it elsewhere.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

My impression was that it was for constructive help in solving problems relating to Hughesnet. 

Let me explain, If I entered the forum and asked "Is it normal for my service to drop at regular intervals even though tech support says it all looks good on their end?"

And the reply is "No."
Is that helpful or constructive?  Does that contribute in a single useful way to the situation?  
Now, You can then argue that my tone out of the gate was aggitate - I admitted as much - and doesn't relate to my expample question above.  Except that I had made numerous attempts to resolute this issue with service via the available channels.  I come to a community forum and get a one word nonconstructive answer.  There was no reason to chime in and then he persisted.  Avoiding my repeated requests for useful help from him.  So then my abrasivness increased.  

So, given how every interaction has gone with this company for me, this customer-to-customer community forum fits in.

maratsade

Let me explain, If I entered the forum and asked "Is it normal for my service to drop at regular intervals even though tech support says it all looks good on their end?"

Let me explain. The title of your original post was Is poor customer service normal.   Me reply to that was: No.  Actually, I should've clarified, that customer sertvice is not poor at all, though sometimes, due to external circumstances such as a worldwide pandemic it may be slower than normal and perhaps not meet our expectations as customers. 

Is that helpful or constructive?  Does that contribute in a single useful way to the situation?  

It is helpful and it provides an answer to the question in the title of your OP. 

There was no reason to chime in and then he persisted.

This is a customer-to-customer site, and customers will chime in.  And typically, when the OP is willing to work things out with his/her fellow subscribers, there is progress, and many times there are solutions.  

Feel free to continue soapboxing.

@Liz  Thank you for some actual help.

maratsade

Sure thing, darling. 

ner0tic wrote:

Feel free to continue soapboxing.

GabeU

@ner0tic 

You asked a titled question on a customer to customer solutions site, then explained the reason for the question.  Fellow subscribers cannot answer specific account related questions, but reps can, which is why Liz asked for the information needed to do so.  We can, however, answer other questions, like your title. 

maratsade answered your title question.  If you don't want people responding to a question, New Member, you probably shouldn't ask it.  

BTW... "Is poor customer service normal" ? -  No, it's not.

@GabeU I already received a solution and help, you putting you **bleep** huggers to extra use and chiming in after the issue has been resolve just continues to show the uselessness of this community.  

thanks @Liz, your community base needs to work on moving on....

maratsade

Not a professor, New Member.

ner0tic wrote:

Please refrain from replying to my topic if you have nothing constructive to contribute.  Tough time reading professor?