Hughesnet Community

Need help with my account/billing! Please help!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lbburg
New Poster

Need help with my account/billing! Please help!

Hello!  First off.. I want to say that I have had HughesNet for over 10 years and I have never had any comlaints.  Whenever I had a problem we would call in and the problem was always taken care of in a timely manner and everyone I  ever talked to was very nice.  But now I am having a BIG problem, and all of a sudden nobody wants to talk to me.  Whenever I get someone on the phone, they can't help.. and amazingly I have called at a time that there are no supervisors to be found.  I really do need help with this and would appreciate if someone could tell me how to get in touch with someone that can help!!  

Thank you so much!

Linda B.

11 REPLIES 11
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@lbburg

It might be a good idea to describe the issue you are having.  Not divulging private/personal information or anything like that, nor even dollar amounts if it's something like that, but just giving the reps an idea of what the problem is.  

If you have a case number from talking with a phone rep about the issue, that would help the reps on here, too.  

Again, though, don't post any personal info, nor your account number, as this is a public site.  A case number is okay, though, and helpful.  

Edit:  I forgot to mention, the reps are on M-F, from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  

Ok.. thank you Gabe.  Seeing as how none of the MOD's have replied to this.. I will try your recommendations and see if that will help.

To make it short and sweet, until I can talk to someone, HughesNet has been charging me for 2 accounts and we never signed up for 2 accounts.  

Case #104716720

Hello Linda,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this situation. I've located both the accounts you are referencing and we are currently reviewing the reason why a second account was created for an upgrade. In regards to refunds or credits, I will need to discuss and get some guidiance on this with upper management. Please be advised that we are not in the office on the weekends, so I may not have an update until early next week. I appreciate your patience while we investigate.

~Amanda

Hi Amanda,

Thank you so much for replying to this.. and thank you for looking into it!

LindaB

Hi Linda 

I appreciate you waiting for me. We do have a special handling procedure for situations like this and I have passed your case on to a corporate representative to reach out to you and discuss this further. Is it safe to assume that the phone number on your account is the best one to reach you at? If not, we can exchange a private message to get the correct information.

Thank you

Amanda

Hello Amanda,

Again, thank you for your help with this.  The number on my account is my correct home phone number.  

Thanks, 

LindaB

Ok.. so I posted about a week ago, needing help with my bill.  Well, I finally got to talk to someone and just wanted to update my original post.  I want to say, as I said in the first post.. I have had HughesNet for about 10 years.. never really had a problem until now.. when I did have a problem it was always taken care of and the ppl were friendly... until now!  I found these boards and was reading all the complaints about dishonest billing.. dishonest service.. etc., etc.  Well, I hate to say it but I found out just how true all those posts are!

3 years ago we upgraded our service.  Well, instead of upgrading the service, they just added an upgraded account to the service we already had.  They didn't just add an account.. they added a name for that acct., so now we have 2 accts with 2 names but all billed to the same original acct and name.  All when we only authorized one acct.  But.. it was autobilled to our acct.. and we didn't get a detailed bill each month.. so we had no clue about this until a problem come up when we were trying to add a new device.  So.. for 3 years, we've been paying for 2 accts, in 2 different names .. to the tune of about $2800.00 !!!  So.. after finally getting to talk to someone, the best that this company that I thought was good and "trustworthy" and would surely correct their mistakes can do will so happily reimburse me for 6 months out of 3 years worth of stealing from my bank account.  

I guess after reading all the posts on this board.. and from my experience.. one thing I would really like to say.... PLEASE do not give HughesNet access to your bank account or a credit card.  Or at the least.. do not let them auto-bill your acct.  

LindaB

GabeU

@lbburg

This question isn't in any way trying to absolve Hughesnet from what happened or anything like that, but is only a legitimate question....

Why did it take you three years to notice that you were being double billed?  

Yep.. legit question..

My husband called and "upgraded" our service.  He changed to the newest receiver at that time and also upgraded our package.  And we were already signed up for autobill and no paper bill so I never saw an itemized bill.  The monthly payment did seem high..but  because of the upgrades I just thought it was that expensive.  I also thought Hughesnet was an honest company at that time... hahaha.. I was wrong on both counts.  It was only found because a problem came up while trying to add a device.  That's when we found out they had added an account.. with a name.. but charging it to our account.  I guess if it wasn't for that problem.. they would still be happily charging our account.

Now .. my question.. I posted this as a separate comment.. why was it added to my original?  

GabeU

@lbburg wrote:

Now .. my question.. I posted this as a separate comment.. why was it added to my original?   

I have no doubt that the answer you are going to get is that it was simply a mistake.  They wouldn't do this on purpose.  

Well.. that would be a lie if they said that.  It's just sad that this company that I really didn't have a problem with.. and thought was a good company has turned out to the the most dishonest, untrushworthy company I have ever done business with.