Hughesnet Community

Once again getting screwed by hughes Net!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bignblue
Freshman

Once again getting screwed by hughes Net!

I am amazed at how bad this service is!  I burn through all my data within 2-3 days - the last month all bonus data was fried within a few days (burned 33GB in one night while I slept!!)  I think this service is a complete scam and I am pissed I am stuck with them for another 18 months!  I thought my DSL service was bad, but in hindsite it rocks compared to this S@$%!  I honestly cant wait to get back to my DSL because at least that was consistent.

Hughesnet takes no responsibility for data useage and it is ALWAYS the users issue - they conviently explain how it can never be them and that satellite is so much more complicated than ground based internet.  Ridiculous!!

I would love to start a revolution against this company - it kills me how they promote their tell a friend campaign.  Has anyone ever recommended this service to a friend?

Needless to say I am pissed - pissed at myself for believing the lies and signing up for the service, and pissed at the company for such an awful service!!

13 REPLIES 13
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@bignblue

First, this is the section for account and billings issues.  

Secondly, you should create a new topic in the appropriate section (Tech Support).  I suggest asking for help rather than slamming Hughesnet, as Hughesnet simply sells you the data.  How you use that data, and/or how quickly YOUR devices burn through it, is not their fault, nor their responsibility.  If you would like help figuring out what's using the data so quickly, and how to stop it, I suggest creating that new topic.  

Edit: And yes, I have recommended it to someone:  my own folks, and they are very happy with it.  

quick question - why do I burn through all the data in a few days, then the rest of the month my consumption rate is down to normal?  My useage and devices never change - that is my rub and why it bothers me so much.  I change nothing throughout the month and have only netflix that I use - yes it is set to the lowest resolution.  please answer that question - why do I burn so much data the first few days even though my useage throughout the month is very consistent?

BTW - I chose to air my dirty laundry because every time I call it is my fault.  All they offer me after saying it is my fault is tokens.  You could give me 1000GB and it still would not be enough the way I supposedly burn through data.  My son uses data on his phone constantly and never burns more than 5GB in a month.

GabeU

@bignblue

As had already been asked of you two weeks ago, please create a new topic in the Tech Support section to address your data usage issue.  

once again never answering my question and deflecting

GabeU

@bignblue wrote:

once again never answering my question and deflecting

No one is going to help you with your data usage issue in the billing section.  Post your issue in the proper section and you'll receive help.   

Harold
Freshman

I agree this network works when it wants to and burns up to much data streaming. I just moved back to Tennessee and the internet service I had in Dayton OH. and Berea KY. was nothing like this over priced garbage. Everytime I call for assistance they always say it looks good on their end, of cource it does they are making money.

GabeU

@Harold

Streaming can use around 3GB per hour for HD, 750MB per hour for SD and 350MB per hour for LD.  One has to be careful with their data when streaming.  

In addition, those that connect to and use a satellite TV receiver for their streaming can see considerably more data usage as those receivers can, and often do, use data for things other than just streaming.  

Thank you for the infomation. I still think  they are over priced especially in area like where I live. My bill is suppose to be $90.00 a month. But last month it was $130.00 and I didnt go over my data plan. I really wish that I had shopped around before signing up.

GabeU

@Harold

Any particular reason for the extensive white space?  

No

lindafischer
New Poster

I agree that the service is worse then bad. And I cannot believe they way one of the techs. talked to a customer. HughesNet needs to remember...we are paying you for a service that you are not providing. At least you know what service you were getting. I did not know until after the fact. Good luck to you, sir, but from what I am seeing in so many posts is the same issue and the same tired responses. 

GabeU

@lindafischer wrote:

I agree that the service is worse then bad. And I cannot believe they way one of the techs. talked to a customer. HughesNet needs to remember...we are paying you for a service that you are not providing. At least you know what service you were getting. I did not know until after the fact. Good luck to you, sir, but from what I am seeing in so many posts is the same issue and the same tired responses. 

Tech?  What tech?  

When a customer has an issue and comes to a customer support site to get help, then refuses to do what is asked to get that help and would rather play games, guess what happens.  That's right....nothing.    

Someone burning through all of their data and needing help to figure out why requires techincal support, not billing support.  The OP can claim all he or she wants that no one is helping them, but the reality is that they are refusing to help themselves.  It's simple.  Keep playing games = no help.  Ask for help with a tech support issue in the tech support section = receive help.