Received two return kits for one account

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tawasian
New Poster

Received two return kits for one account

We canceled our Hughes Net account on Oct 31. At that time the person closing the account stated that our equipment was too old, we did not need to return anything. 

Yesterday, Nov. 9,  we received TWO return kits from Hughes Net via UPS. We had one account, one set of equipment. Thankfully we had not thrown anything out yet. 

I called customer service today and tried to find out what to do, as I don't want this to be screwed up upon return resulting in us getting charged. It was difficult to get the service rep to understand my concern. First she told me to put part of the equipment in one box and part in the other and send them both back. I expressed my concern that this would end up in them thinking we only returned part. Then she told me to send it all back in one box and when I asked "And throw the other box away?" She responded, "No, send the other box back empty." She stated she could guarantee me 1000% that we would not be charged if we send the equipment back. Does this solution sound right to anyone that understands the workings of Hughes Net???

Thank you for any input!

3 REPLIES 3
Liz

Hi Tawasian,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I also suggest packing up the modem, modem power cord, and radio in one return kit, as opposed to splitting them between the two kits. Please also send back the empty one, and send me a private message with the tracking numbers for both kits. Once I see that they've arrived, I'll ensure that the empty one counts as a returned item, despite it being empty, so you're not charged any UEF. 

You can send me a private message by clicking my username or icon to go to my community profile page, then clicking the Send Message button there.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thank you so much, Liz!  We really appreciate the response. 

We will get it all ready this weekend as you instructed and will ship on Monday. 

I will send you a PM with the info you requested when we have it all organized. 

I appreciate it, thank you! Looking forward to your message.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!