Refund situation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mamabear4200
New Poster

Refund situation

So I deposited $70 into my HughesNet account, thinking it can be automatically withdrawn from that account and then the remaining would be taken out of my bank account. Come to find out that HughesNet had taken the $70 + $94.95. Worried this would happen I emailed HughesNet asking for you guys to deposit the $70 back to my account, because of course there was no way to do so on my own. I had no response!!
After calling customer service to ask for a refund they said that it was impossible since the transaction was already made. The fellow I talked to said he could give me credit so that I would only have to pay $25 the following month. 

Well that didn't happen and the full amount was still taken from my account. Which really urkes me. I call again this month and this time I'm given a confirmation number (which didn't happen the month prior). The woman tells me she can give me credit for 3 months, I won't have to pay anything until June. I'm told she will send me an email giving me the confirmation number, which also NEVER HAPPEND. Luckily I write it down.

So my question is this. How can I get a refund if this happens again next month? Why is it so hard for this WiFi company to give customers back their own money? Especially for internet that in my experience isn't that great.

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Mamabear4200 , your best bet is to wait for the HN reps on this site to have a look at your account. If you still have the case/confirmation number you were given, you may want to post it here so the reps can track it and see what's going on.  

Damian

@Mamabear4200,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I believe there may have been some misunderstandings between you and the representatives. When reviewing the case notes of the conversations you had with them, I saw no mention of anyone promising you that you would only need to pay $25 for service. I do, however, see a $25 dollar credit was offered for the following month of service. Since that did not happen, you were then given $25 off your monthly bill for the next 3 months. The 3-month $25 credit will be applied to your April, May, and June bill. What I can confirm here is that this 3-month discount has been set up correctly and will be starting on your April bill.

In an answer to your questions, if you deposit an amount of money into your HughesNet balance that is not already due, it classifies as advanced payment and will automatically go to the amount generated from your next bill. If you overpay for a current bill, that extra amount will also stay on the account until another bill generates to use it. There are very few reasons why a refund would be processed and advanced payments are not among them. Your HughesNet account is not similar to a bank account in which you can withdraw funds or request refunds for any transaction. Once the money is applied to your account, it is there permanently and will be applied to every bill generated until the amount you deposited is gone. In rare cases, refunds may be processed due to an error in billing or certain cancellation situations. 

-Damian 

@Mamabear4200,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you would like additional information, please create a new thread. 

-Damian