Service cancellation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KelGates
Freshman

Service cancellation

If I were to cancel my internet, would it be possible to have someone come out to uninstall the satellite and whatnot? I'm terrified of going on my roof but obviously don't want to be charged for not sending the equipment back. Also, would it cost me something to have someone sent out and do this? One last thing, I have a credit card on file but want to cancel using a different card. Would this be possible? Sorry for the long post!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@KelGates

You're very welcome.  🙂

What they require back is three things.  The modem, the power pack for the modem, and the radio from the dish.  The radio is the boxy thing with the "eye" attached to the end of the arm on the dish.  

I'm pretty sure this PDF is current, which shows what needs to be returned.  I believe the return kit also includes a sheet that shows what is needed and how it should be packed in the box (they send you the box).  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GabeU

@KelGates

HughesNet does offer a de-installation service.  Last I knew the cost was $100 for the service.  I believe you still have to send back the parts, though, which HughesNet sends a return equipment kit for with a pre-printed return label.  I think it's a UPS label, though I'm not positive.

As for your credit card question, a rep will have to answer that when they reply, as well as verify the information I gave you above.  They're usually on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, though there is occasionally one on during the weekend as of late.   

Hope this helps.  🙂 

Thanks, Gabe! I could ask a family member for help with the roof, I just want to make sure I'm sending everything back and not forgetting anything. I know the wifi router and the satellite, but I'm not sure what else. Thanks again!
GabeU

@KelGates

You're very welcome.  🙂

What they require back is three things.  The modem, the power pack for the modem, and the radio from the dish.  The radio is the boxy thing with the "eye" attached to the end of the arm on the dish.  

I'm pretty sure this PDF is current, which shows what needs to be returned.  I believe the return kit also includes a sheet that shows what is needed and how it should be packed in the box (they send you the box).  

Thank you!! You're such an angel!! I'm not 100% definite about moving yet but if I am I won't be able to use Hughesnet due to being in an area where satellite isn't allowed. I just like to have all my ducks in a row. Thank you again, you've been such a huge help and I'll be sure to check with customer service on Monday about the credit card! Have a wonderful weekend, Gabe!
GabeU

I'm glad I could help.   You have a wonderful weekend, too.  🙂  

Hello KelGates, 

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Community! I have replied to your question via Facebook messenger, but I see that Gabe was able to answer all your questions before I got back into the office.

However, please still read my Facebook message, as it contains some more information concerning your case. Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Jay