TERRIBLE Service, Communication, and Prices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandraketchum39
Freshman

TERRIBLE Service, Communication, and Prices

Ever since I have had Hughes Net installed, I have had countless issues with my service. When I first talked to Hughes Net, I was excited because I felt as thought this service option would be better than my former based on all of the nice things the man said on the phone. Yet, nothing that he said has held true since installation. I was told that the internet speeds would be better because Hughes Net was utilizing satellite and the satellite would have a clear opening at my house to have optimized usage. I was also told that Hughes Net would be faster than my former internet provider, which the man discussed with me on the phone, but that has been FAR from the truth. The prior internet service that I had, although it was far from the best, was so much faster than Hughes Net. . . and I am paying more for Hughes Net! Not to mention, the service has been absolutely terrible! I have been in contact with Hughes Net customer service on several occassions, of which there was no resolve. There was one time where the servicemen came to check my equipment. They left a note for me on my TV, that was very sarcastic and rude, saying that I have been connected to the internet. In addition to this, I called Hughes Net the other day because I have not had internet for a week, and was told that I went over my data limit for the month. The representative proceeded to tell me I needed to sign up for the 30 gb plan, of which she did. However, when I expressed how slow the internet has been, no matter what time of the month it has been, the lady told me that I needed to wake up between the hours of 2 AM and 8 AM to download my TV shows and movies if I wanted to be able to watch my television during the day. I am 81 years old! That is absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention, my grandchild helped me log into my online account, which showed that I have NOT in fact exceeded my data limit and have only used 3 gb of data in this billing period! I am beyond frustrated with the rude and cruel nature that they have treated me not only as a person but as an elderly woman. This has been constant since the first day that Hughes Net was installed. I would like to cancel my service and have the ETF waived because of all of the issues and lies that I have encountered with almost every representative of this agency that I have come into contact with. 

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

How long have you been a subscriber? You may want to request a sales call review. This would allow the HughesNet reps on this site to listen to the call, if it's still available, and hear exactly what the agent said and what you replied, to see if proper expectations were set. If they find you were misled, you may have some recourse.  If you would like to request a sales call review, just put it in a post in this thread.  

I have been a customer since February 2021. 

maratsade

You should go ahead and request a sales call review, then. 

@sandraketchum39 wrote:

I have been a customer since February 2021. 

I would like to request a sales call review. 

maratsade

The review takes a few days; you may hear from one of the HughesNet reps on this site (@Liz , @KathyVoss , @Remy , @Damian ) if they need information from you. If so, they will ask that you send it to them privately.  

sandraketchum39,

Thank you very much for posting, and welcome to the Community! We'd love to look into your sales call, but I wasn't able to find your account through your Community profile. Please message me your account number or phone number at this link, and we'd be happy to look into this for you!

Thanks,

Remy

sandraketchum39,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Remy