Tokens. Again

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GW
Advanced Tutor

Tokens. Again

I can't find my old tokens again. Gabe told me how to find them last time it happened in 2020 but those instructions don't work for me any more.

At that time I had 33.2 GB (as seen on the SCC Home page) already loaded into the system and 26 free and 6 prepaid left over in reserve from the old days.

Subsequent to that date of 12/07/20, I've drained the loaded tokens down to 31.8 GB. How can I find those old tokens now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Got it, thanks! OK, I'm going to send you a PM shortly to further address your concerns. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Liz

Hi GW,

Do you recall how much data those 32 tokens were worth? Since tokens work differently these days I can't see the history of those tokens.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hi GW,

Just got off the phone with one of our engineers, so the 30~ GB token data that was loaded into your system seems to be all your old tokens converted to your token data. These days when you receive/purchase token data, the amount goes straight to that token data bucket, there is no need for activating tokens. Hope that clears things up.

-Liz

GW
Advanced Tutor

Hi Liz,

No, that's not the way it worked. The tokens were obviously taken from me because I didn't shift them out of reserve to active status before an unknown expiration date. They were accumulated over the years on G3. The 26 free tokens were worth 500 mb each and the 6 prepaids were worth 1 GB.

Check this link for full details on my last contact with them and my activated token status at that moment in time.

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/myAccount-and-Billing/Tokens/m-p/130157#M9499

You'd think I would have noticed my token status jump by 19 GB if the engineer was correct. That never happened. Look at my records. You can count on one hand the number of times I've "broke the buck" and had to dip into reserves since 2011.

Thanks

GW

Where did the 33 GB worth of token data come from?

GW
Advanced Tutor

Good question Liz.

When I moved to Gen 4 in 2014, I used a bunch of my tokens for "Token Bytes" so I could never go FAP at an inopportune time. Over the years I periodically moved more tokens into "Token Bytes" just to check on them for continued viability. I last did this on 12/7/20, as mentioned in the conversation with Gabe when he gave me the new directions to locate the totals in my token stash.

I also received a metric s-ton of tokens from Hughes over the years to compensate for the myriad problems, outages and testing I had to do while on the miserable Gen 4/Beam 55 that was always such a disaster. This continued through all the problems I had with Gen 5/Beam 107. More token bytes came from an accidental purchase in 2017 when I was goofing with my saved tokens.

I looked in my files and found screenshots that show some history. Here are a few.

I had 7990 Token Bytes Available on 4/10/15.
29.5 GB of Token Bytes remaining on 4/20/17.
41.6 Token Bytes remaining on 12/28/18.

And I have 31.8 Token Bytes remaining today, 6/21/23

How it got down to 33.2 by 12/7/20 was because I used a bunch of it to watch the college football playoffs and National Championship game for the 2018 season when Alabama won the championship. We have only OTA TV. The finals are only on ESPN and pirate websites. Using the internet was our only convenient option for watching these games that year.

At that time I had really great 4G with the new Verizon tower they built almost next door in early 2018 but I had a smaller 4G allowance. The Vz was my emergency backup data for taking care of my business when needed so I was very conservative with it. My Vz MVNO upgraded my plan to unlimited data in December 2019 so watching them win the 2020 championship wasn't a problem. It never will be again with three Verizon phones in the house, all with unlimited data.

6-36 pm.JPG

4-40 10 pm hughes use.JPG

data allowance.JPG

GW
Advanced Tutor

Sorry, I pasted in the wrong screen shot for 4/10/15. That one above doesn't show the token bytes available.

4 pm.JPG

GW
Advanced Tutor

I thought I pasted this one in yesterday but it didn't take. This is the current total of token bytes loaded up.

now 6-21.JPG

Liz

Thanks for the clarification, so when you last moved your tokens to your data token amount in 2020, you still had the 26 free and 6 prepaid left over?

-Liz

GW
Advanced Tutor

Pretty much. There was a way to spend a token but they changed the route to check the balance and I couldn't find it.  I did spend one and saw my SCC token bytes reserve increase accordingly but couldn't find the way to check my remaining balance until Gabe showed me. Then I was able to reconcile my Hughes balance with my records.

Got it, thanks! OK, I'm going to send you a PM shortly to further address your concerns. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page.

-Liz

GW
Advanced Tutor

Thank you Liz.

You're welcome, GW, have a good weekend!

-Liz