cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kathynaylor
Sophomore

Tokens and upgrade error

Hi,

Just looked at the new site and realized that my tokens are gone or I am looking for them in the wrong place.

Also wanted to look at Gen5 plans and am gettting an error message each time I choose upgrade from my account page.  Why can't I upgrade online?

Thanks for your time,

Kathy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your quick response, GabeU.  The status meter showed 0 token bytes available, but when I selected purchase tokens, they showed on that screen. Thanks!  You solved that problem!

About the upgrade:  I want to see my options in writing online before making any chang.  I was burned before and the thought of getting on the phone with HughesNet customer care people literally gives me a stomache ache.  

There is probably a better topic to post that issue under, so let's consider the taken issue SOLVED.  Good on you, GabeU!

Kathy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@kathynaylor

When you look at your Status Meter, do you see any token data in "Token Bytes Available" section, which is right under the "Anytime Data" or "Service Time Data" graph?  

When you sign in at http://my.hughesnet.com/myaccount and check on the "Usage" page, do you see anything on the lower right for "Token Bytes Available?"  

If you don't see anything in either of those (they should match), while on that "Usage" page click on "Buy Tokens," which will bring up a window showing what tokens are available.  Do you see any under tokens there with a blue Use button available to click next to them?  If you do, you have tokens, but they aren't yet "banked" in the Token Bytes Available.  You can click on Use to bank them so they will be available to automatically use when you have utilized all of your data during a given time period (Anytime or Bonus data).  

If you don't see any Token data available anywhere, have you recently upgrded your plan or anything?  Might you have run out of data and your token data was used up?

Edit:  In addition, I don't know why you are not able to upgrade on the site (I'm not a rep).  You could try calling the number on the Hughesnet site to see if you can do so over the phone.   https://www.hughesnet.com/  

Thanks for your quick response, GabeU.  The status meter showed 0 token bytes available, but when I selected purchase tokens, they showed on that screen. Thanks!  You solved that problem!

About the upgrade:  I want to see my options in writing online before making any chang.  I was burned before and the thought of getting on the phone with HughesNet customer care people literally gives me a stomache ache.  

There is probably a better topic to post that issue under, so let's consider the taken issue SOLVED.  Good on you, GabeU!

Kathy

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

You're welcome.  I'm glad that you at least were able to get the token problem solved.  Just a little extra info: when you click on "Use" to bank the tokens it may take a few minutes for them to show up in "Token Bytes Available."  

Hopefully one of the reps will be able to answer your questions about the upgrade.  They're on M-F from around 8am to 5pm EST.  

Good luck.  I hope you get the anwers you're looking for with Gen5.  It's so much better than Gen4...in practially every aspect, including the new ones not available with Gen4.  🙂