Hughesnet Community

Unethical customer service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thiller

Unethical customer service

In July 2016 i experienced a terrible marital situation and had to get an order for protection and move and in process of a divorce. I am loving in a friends basement with my 2 children and on long term disability with a fractured hip and getting my second hip replacement now but got my first in feb. 2017. During that time hughes net offers me a 6 month delay of service and when my time was apparently up they never contacted me at all, had my phone number, address, and email...they never contacted me once to offer me options as to what i could do. Now the place i am living has thier own internet service. I cant buy my own place till my divorce is final as you all know you cant sell or buy property during a divorce and he procrastinates severely. Hughes net turned me in to a credit bureau and i received a call from them yesterday regarding 345 dollars, i said for what, as i had no idea that hughes net even had a problem or situation with anything at all. This is obsured!! So i called hughes net to find out my options and ask why they did not contact me at all in any way...their comment back was...its not thier responsibility!!! I said that was poor customer service and i was turning them in to better business Bureau and calling attny general cuz they are not willing to work with me at all and i am so stuck in this situation and it is nobodys fault but i was even willing to meet them 1/2 way and split the cost as i am struggling with 2 kids and cant get help from county...they wanted me to pay them 345 dollars yesterday and i cant afford that. I have 78 dollars to buy groceries after all my bills with 2 kids. This is ridiculous and immortal!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Good morning Thiller,

I see you're new here, so welcome to the community! I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles, thank you for posting so that we can assist you. Normally, when a customer requests a service suspension, the customer is informed at that point that their service will automatically reactivate once the suspension period is up, this is why we don't e-mail or call customers to tell them their service has been reactivated.

Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Liz

Good morning Thiller,

I see you're new here, so welcome to the community! I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles, thank you for posting so that we can assist you. Normally, when a customer requests a service suspension, the customer is informed at that point that their service will automatically reactivate once the suspension period is up, this is why we don't e-mail or call customers to tell them their service has been reactivated.

Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!