View/Pay Bill without log another victim of SC upgrade

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

View/Pay Bill without log another victim of SC upgrade

It seems that the view/pay without log is another victim of the latest upgrade.

I choose to pay my bill early in the form of a direct debit as a "advance payment".

It seems that this is no longer an option.

I did go to the old customercare.myhughesnet.com and was able to do it from there.

I can't say that this latest upgrade was a step forward.

39 REPLIES 39
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Thanks Liz,

Mine was definitely at zero the first time through. 

Liz

Gotcha, and I just tried it on a test account and I got the same message. Hoping to get clarification on this from billing. Either way, the option to pay in advance still exists, I'm just trying to figure that out. haha
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi Gwalk,

I've escalated this to our devs last week to ensure the advance payment option is still there in the new Support Center. It's on the to-do list. I know there are some bigger ticket items on their list they want to address first. I'll let you know once I have any new news to share on their progress.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Thanks Liz
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Hi Liz,

FYI, still unable to make an advanced payment under "view without login"

Liz

Hi Gwalk,

Thanks for this update, I let the project manager know. I'm hoping to get a list of all the concerns we brought up in a meeting last month as well as their statuses. I'll post back once I have any news to share.

Thanks,
Liz

Liz

Baby steps... after more explaining and hammering into their heads as to what we want, the folks above will try to bring back the advance payment option. We're shooting to re-add it in our next update at the end of the month, but if it doesn't make the cut, then we'll have to wait for another update.

Thank you again for writing out the process you used and providing screenshots, it really helped! I'll keep you posted.

-Liz

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Thanks Liz.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Hello Liz,

FYI: The advance payment option is still unavailable when using the View/Pay without log in option on the myAccount page:

http://my.hughesnet.com/myaccount

The following error occurs:

That option is only available through the old Customer Care page:

http://customercare.myhughesnet.com/

Please note that my account balance is zero prior to making the advanced payment.

After successfully making the payment I can log in on the myAccount page and verify that the advance payment was properly applied:

Liz

OK thanks for letting me know. If they did roll out an update recently, I'll check with the devs and see if the advance payment option is on the list for the next one.

-Liz

Liz

Got word back that the advance payment feature should be released during the latter half of this month. *fingers crossed*

-Liz

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

How are you not paying any taxes? 🙂
Liz

Oop. Spoke too soon. ETA not finalized. 

-Liz

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Hmm.  I wonder if I could still make an online payment through the old page.  It's worth a try.  The worst that could happen is it just says the payment won't go through like on the regular page.  
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Taxes not collected in the state of Michigan.

Gabe , just be careful to remove the check mark that opts you into auto deductions for future payments. I will have posted a screenshot of that in an earlier post above.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Thanks Liz.
GabeU

Gwalk, I used to use that site to pay my bill, and had only started using the newer site recently.  I always made darn sure that the box wasn't checked.  Actually, though, I kind of wish I could check that box now, as I'd rather be able to start using automatic billing, but we know how that went with my card.  Ugh.  

They're being very helpful, though, in no longer charging me an invoice fee (thank you again, Liz) due to it not really being my fault that I can't use automatic billing.  

I don't think using the old site will make any difference and I'll still have to call to make a payment (I HATE giving CC info over the phone), but I'll give it a try when my bill is generated on the 4th.  

GabeU

It worked!!!!  So the old site will still accept my CC for manual payment, but the new site will not due to the type of card it is.  Crazy.  At least now I know I can still make my payment online...for now, anyway.  

It's interesting to note, though, that the first payment that would not work was the first one I ever attempted to make using the new site, which was in December.  I should have tried the old site again in January, but I stuck with the new one, and, of course, it didn't work.

I hope they leave the old site up for a while so I can continue making manual online payments.  I HATED giving my CC info over the phone.  It's too risky.  You never know if the person you are talking to is someone you can truly trust and they won't write down your CC info to make a few little purchases of their own, especially when they are in a country halfway around the world.  That's nothing against the people of the Philippines, but only the realities of today's world.

I feel much more secure knowing that I can make online payments again.  

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I hear ya Gabe.

The only real issue I have had with Hughesnet in over 12 years was billing related. It took ECC to get it resolved so the Billing Department holds a special place in m heart.

If I found myself unable to process one-time only direct debit payments I would likely end my Hughes service and go with the poor DSL Frontier service that is available.

It was my personal experience that having banking.credit info on file or giving out that data over the phone leads to a very difficult situation.

That is my point of concern over not being able to process an advance payment under the "new and improved" pay site.