Wanting to cancel

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamie388
New Poster

Wanting to cancel

Was told by chat reps before allowing the service to be installed that there was a 30 day guarantee on the service. The upload speed is super inconsistent and does not support my family need. Hughesnet Fusion has done good for us except for the upload speed not getting above 1-1.5mbps even after moving the fusion wireless antenna device around even though the tech installed it in the most optimal signal place of my house, But this upload speed it doesn't support our families need we need 4mbps upload to the full 5mpbs upload that we are supposed to be provided. So now we need to cancel but I've found I was lied to a out the 30 day guarantee of trying the service out and cancel without a etf with my reading on this forum. So I'm hoping one of the corporate representatives on here can help us and get the etf fee waived. 

5 REPLIES 5
Jamie388
New Poster

I should add that if we can get this upload issue fixed we would keep the service as we do really like it other than we use dish anywhere (hopper needs 4mbps or more upload) and other services that require 4mbps or more on the upload speed. But I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done to get the upload speeds higher than the current other than the ht3000w does show overheating at times so I'm assuming that could be a issue but it's not always overheating.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@Jamie388 , The reps will troubleshoot the system with you to see if they can improve your experience, but since speeds are not guaranteed (because they depend on many factors, including, but not limited to, latency, beam load, weather issues at user's location or at gateway location, and the laws of physics, they may not be able to give you more than what you're currently experiencing.  Hopefully the reps will help you set realistic expectations so you can enjoy the service as much as possible. 

@Jamie388 

Thank you for reaching out to us and I am sorry to hear this. Everything maratsade relayed to you is accurate and true. If you haven't already performed troubleshooting over the phone, please click this link https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/76644 to send me the phone number associated with your account so I can locate you in the system. From there, I can help troubleshoot and provide you with many tips to help you get the most out of our service.  

If your goal was mainly to have the ETF fee waived, this is unfortunately, not something I will be able to do for the reasons highlighted by maratsade above. You can also try calling our support number at 1-866-347-3292  and relaying this info if you are still planning on canceling. You would only be able to cancel your account over the phone anyways, due to account security.  -Damian 

Just sent you a dm. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"Was told by chat reps before allowing the service to be installed that there was a 30 day guarantee on the service."

You were misinformed.  Please see the subscriber agreement: https://legal.hughesnet.com/node/771

"If you cancel after activation but before the end of your 24-month term commitment, you will be charged a Service Termination Fee of up to $400. The exact amount of the Service Termination Fee will be $400 during the first ninety (90) days after activation of the Hughesnet Service. Thereafter, the amount will decrease by $15 per month for each month of active Service."

The reps here will want to troubleshoot with you and see if they can make your experience better, but keep in mind that performance is not guaranteed. See the subscriber agreement:

"Stated speeds, low-latency and uninterrupted use of the Service are not guaranteed. Actual speeds will likely be lower than the maximum speeds during peak hours.  In addition, when connected to the Service using Wi-Fi, the user’s experience will vary based on the proximity to the Wi-Fi source and the strength of the signal."

Hopefully a rep will connect with you soon.