email verification link

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GW
Advanced Tutor

email verification link

I can't reply to a post because I supposedly didn't click on the email verification link I was sent at some time in the dark, distant past. What's up with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Those two topics seem to be closed as well.  It's not just you.  Everyone is locked out of them.

I think it's an automatic thing that happens at a certain point after the OP of the topic has chosen one of the replies as a Solution, with the topic being treated as sort of a support ticket.  With the Solution chosen, the 'ticket' is closed.  That's just a guess, but I think that's what's happening.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Remy

GW,

Thanks for reaching out! Quite the interesting issue here! I'd like to get a couple more details, because it seems your profile in the Community is verified. Are you unable to reply to all posts on the site? In addition, can you please provide us with a screenshot of the error you're receiving when attempting to reply? We appreciate your cooperation!

Thanks,

Remy

GW
Advanced Tutor

Looks like I can reply to you and Damian but not to Liz or any members. The screenshot is difficult to see on the screen. I hope it can expand when it's posted

hughes community error.JPG

GabeU

@GW 

It's just a thought, but are you sure the topic in which you're trying to reply hasn't been closed?  If a topic is closed, no replies can be made to it.

Edit:  For example, this topic.  Although it doesn't show as locked when searching, it's definitely been closed, as no further replies can be made to it.

GW
Advanced Tutor

Who knows? I'm locked out of replying to these that are new and not locked.

Solved: What equipment needs to be returned when closing a... - HughesNet Community - 137993

Solved: Plan changes... - HughesNet Community - 136463

Funny the one you link doesn't show a lock icon in the index so it shouldn't be closed.

GabeU

Those two topics seem to be closed as well.  It's not just you.  Everyone is locked out of them.

I think it's an automatic thing that happens at a certain point after the OP of the topic has chosen one of the replies as a Solution, with the topic being treated as sort of a support ticket.  With the Solution chosen, the 'ticket' is closed.  That's just a guess, but I think that's what's happening.

maratsade

"Those two topics seem to be closed as well.  It's not just you.  Everyone is locked out of them."

Yeah; that's why the "reply" button is greyed out. They're closed, though not locked. 

GW
Advanced Tutor

Does everybody also see that absurdly goofy error message I see at the bottom of closed but not locked messages?

GabeU

Yes.  I see it on all of the topics that are closed, but not locked, as well as those that are locked.

Looking through older topics with solutions chosen, I see that not all of them are closed, so I don't know whether it's an automatic thing and those still open didn't fit whatever criteria for automatic closure is necessary, or the reps end up manually closing topics with solutions after a while and the ones still open were just overlooked by them.

With all of this said, it does seem a bit odd that they don't just all show as locked.  After all, if we can no longer post on a topic, that's what it essentially is... locked.

Good morning folks,

I think the solved icon overrides the lock symbol, no way to show both if a thread is solved and locked. However, as you have noticed, solved threads don't necessarily mean locked because locking is a manual process.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!