Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

A few new toys being updated?

Whaddya think?  

Capture.JPG

I have no doubt that, had I tested at about 2:05AM, the speed would have been even lower than that.  😛 

All those gaming consoles, desktops, laptops, tablets, phones, smart devices and every other gadget you can think of.  All hungry for those ones and zeros.  

15 REPLIES 15
maratsade

I just tested here (7-ish a.m.) and got 972 kbps (or approximately 18x dialup).  Interestingly, I streamed a 25 minute episode on Hulu and it worked very well.  

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

For sure all the kids on Christmas break with all their new toys. Things probably won't be back to normal until after New Year.

@BirdDog wrote:

For sure all the kids on Christmas break with all their new toys. Things probably won't be back to normal until after New Year.

Or whenever people's data finally run out.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I did score this just now. Probably they aren't awake yet from their tech hangover.

1djqwaxNf

GabeU

Not too bad right now, considering it's 7:30PM.  

7_3GXu5Nl.jpg'

I was able to play a Youtube vid in 480p without issue.  I was going to try an HD vid with the VDS off, but the VDS control is missing for me again.  😞  

maratsade

That's a pretty decent speed for the time of day and year, @GabeU. From what I can tell in my case at least, I can stream fine even at low speeds (earlier today it was 2.6, now it's going up again), as long as traffic on the beam is light.  

Like clockwork. People have already started the "where's my data" posts...

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@MarkJFine wrote:

I simply can't handle it anymore so I don't reply to those posts and I'm a happier person for it. Smiley Very Happy

@BirdDog wrote:

I simply can't handle it anymore so I don't reply to those posts and I'm a happier person for it. Smiley Very Happy

It gets redundant after a while.

maratsade

You don't post nearly as much as you used to when I first came on the site -- and C0rr0sive's disappeared from here, though I see he still posts on DSL Reports.  Pity.

@BirdDog wrote:

Yeah, I'm not buying this...

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 4.42.54 PM.jpg

To be perfectly fair, Firefox does some very strange things when content blocking is engaged.

maratsade

"Where's my data?" 

Florida.  Data, like geese, migrate south for the winter. 

GabeU

@MarkJFine wrote:

Yep.  Their social media pages are full of these, especially now.  And every time I see one I think, "Why is this HughesNet's fault?"  I don't think I'd blame and cuss out Sunoco or Chevy if I ran out of gas while driving around all day.   

@GabeU wrote:

I don't think I'd blame and cuss out Sunoco or Chevy if I ran out of gas while driving around all day.   

Excellent analogy.