Anyone else getting buried?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Anyone else getting buried?

Is anyone else getting buried under snow this fine evening?  It's so bad here that I can't even see the lights at my folk's house 100 feet across the street.  I'm actually shocked that my DirecTV and HughesNet signals are holding up right now.  There's no snow on the dishes due to the ~20mph gusts we're getting, but it's nearly a whiteout.  Well, maybe when it happens at night it's a blackout.  😛 

Gotta love lake effect snow.

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade

Second sunny day here, after a few dark and rainy days.  Haven't had any snow yet this season. 

I hope your didn't lose power or your connection....

GabeU

@maratsade 

This stuff is very light and fluffy, so there's no worry of power loss or anything like that.  The wind, for the most part, has kept my two satellite dishes clean, though with this kind of snow, and with as cold as it is, a little tap on the edge makes any snow that does build up slide right off.  Thankfully, I can open the bedroom window and reach out with a pole to tap the HN dish instead of having to trudge through the snow to the back of the house, and my DTV dish takes quite a bit of buildup to affect it's signal.