Billing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hannahbaker420
New Poster

Billing

I called last month and got internet connected with Hughes net because I was referred by dish and I was suppose to be getting a discount for doing it and I still haven’t received my discount HughesNet is very expensive for not working all the time right I would like to be able to receive my discount or I’m going to cancel my internet with them. Has anyone else had this problem?
7 REPLIES 7
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Hannahbaker420 

This section is not for support.

If you'd like help with the issue, you should start a new topic in the "myAccount and Billing" section, which you can do here.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  They normally reply within a day or two.  

With this said, if it was Dish that was offering the discount, you may need to contact them.  

Keep in mind that, while you certainly can do so at any time, cancelling your HughesNet service after one month would incur a $400 Early Termination Fee.

@Hannahbaker420 

There's a whole discussion elsewhere on here somewhere that shows a misleading Dish ad...

Recommend you do a search and find it.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

If it was Dish who referred you with a promise of a discount, you should contact Dish about it. 

Hannahbaker420 wrote:
I called last month and got internet connected with Hughes net because I was referred by dish and I was suppose to be getting a discount for doing it and I still haven’t received my discount HughesNet is very expensive for not working all the time right I would like to be able to receive my discount or I’m going to cancel my internet with them. Has anyone else had this problem?

Zruby28

hughesnet is a bad internet company I do not recommend it to anyone, it has very high prices And a very low quality signal I was deceived and now I want to disconnect the internet and say that I have to pay a fine of $ 400 because with them it is a Two-year contract and they didn't talk to me about it when they made my order,  And I don't have a month using it and they charge me $ 57 for an internet of 5 to 10 GB, it's really absurd if you want a better company, make it better. or is it the best optimum or Verizon
maratsade

Hughesnet is an internet service provider. Just because you have problems doesn't mean they're the bad guy. 

There is a legal agreement openly available on their website at http://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm

When you sign up for HN, you are asked if you agree with the conditions; if you say no, then you don't get signed up. So you must've said yes. Maybe you didn't read the agreement, but that's not the company's fault. 

If you have speed issues, people on this site can help you. In fact, if there are serious issues, sometimes the company will waive the $400 fee.  But you have to work with them and be patient.  First thing to do is clearly explain what the problem is, and do so under Tech Support or myAccount and Billing

Zruby28 wrote:
hughesnet is a bad internet company I do not recommend it to anyone, it has very high prices And a very low quality signal I was deceived and now I want to disconnect the internet and say that I have to pay a fine of $ 400 because with them it is a Two-year contract and they didn't talk to me about it when they made my order,  And I don't have a month using it and they charge me $ 57 for an internet of 5 to 10 GB, it's really absurd if you want a better company, make it better. or is it the best optimum or Verizon

GabeU

@Zruby28 wrote:
now I want to disconnect the internet and say that I have to pay a fine of $ 400 because with them it is a Two-year contract and they didn't talk to me about it when they made my order,  

You can request a sales call review to verify whether the sales rep explained this to you.  You can do so in the MyAccount and Billing section.  If this was not explained to you by the sales rep, you may have recourse regarding the Early Termination Fee (the $400) when cancelling.  

BTW, the information about the Early Termination Fee is read as a part of the scripted speech toward the end of the sales call, and after which they ask you if you agree to what's just been read to you.  Without affirmation, the sale isn't continued.  Perhaps you just don't remember it.  Regardless, the sales call review can determine if this is the case.