Hughesnet Community

Cancelled service, and now they want me to climb my roof...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mg1994

Cancelled service, and now they want me to climb my roof...

We cancelled our service a week ago, and after a long and obnoxious cancelling process we were told that we WOULD NOT need to go onto our roof to retrieve any pieces that we need to send back in the box we received. After looking at the instructions for removal, this couldn’t be more false!!! We have no way to go onto our roof and retrieve the piece needed and we also want the satellite removed as it’s big, gaudy and ugly. Apparently, we need to find our own installing technician to do so as they use a “contractor” to install. I called many places in our area and they saw this as ABSURD. We also were never told that the satellite would be installed by a third party... so that’s good to know. So now, we have no way of getting the receiver off of our roof and we have a big ugly satellite stuck on our roof with no way to get it down. I am not paying a technician to do something that HughesNet should do for us. We also experienced damage to the roof from the technician that installed it as we were inspecting from an upstairs window. I can’t believe they expect people to go onto their own roof to get it off!!! How have they not been sued for someone falling yet?!? I was never happy with this service and am now growing even more unhappy with it. 😡😡😡
11 REPLIES 11
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

http://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm

Capture.JPG

The prior service agreements are similar.  

maratsade

@GabeU, what part is the radio?

This company needs to make all the revenue they can cause it's painfully obvious they can't offer decent service otherwise. And I've asked the same question myself. How come no one has taken them to court yet. Runs great till the end of the cancellation period. Then gets so bad u can't stand it. Good luck on the roof.
maratsade

About 13 years as a customer with this company -- service runs great (within the limitations of satellite internet -- the company can't change physics laws), company is responsive. 

GabeU

@TravisNwrote:
This company needs to make all the revenue they can cause it's painfully obvious they can't offer decent service otherwise. And I've asked the same question myself. How come no one has taken them to court yet. Runs great till the end of the cancellation period. Then gets so bad u can't stand it. Good luck on the roof.

There is no "cancellation period."  The contract is in force the second the service goes live. 

HughesNet has worked just fine for me since Dec 2004.  

GabeU

@maratsadewrote:

@GabeU, what part is the radio?

It's the part on the end of the arm that looks back at the dish.  

Capture.JPG

maratsade

Thanks, @GabeU!  And extra kudos for the picture. 🙂

dbstone1968
New Poster

I am a new customer and hate their customer service and speed of internet. I want to cancel my service and am being hassled too.
Worst company I've ever dealt with.

Hi mg1994, 

The answers provided above are correct - this information is on our public website under Legal. If your dish is in a location that you are not comfortable going to, we do offer a de-installation service which is $100. That is the same cost as the initial installation cost.

dbstone1968 - if you have a particular concern we can address please create a new thread. 

Thank you

Amanda

I am a new with hugesnet. there were no more prviders where I live. and I hate so far

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@Amanda @Liz @Hal @Jorge, can you close this thread?