Cancer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Cancer

Went to the hospital  Tuesday  as the pain went through the roof.

Poked, prodded, x-ray, two CAT scans and an MRI

Cancer in one lung ... and then the bad news.

Cancer on my vertebraes. Eating into the bone surfaces and pushing against the spinal cord.

They removed the mass. Had to remove damaged bone  in a number of places so that rods and plates could be added to strengthen  the spine.

They were monitoring  spinal signals.they lost them.

I am unable to feel my legs, feet, am unable to walk. They said it could come back in 72 hours but they didn't seem real positive.

There are more smaller spots on the spine and the lung of course but if the legs don't come I don't see the point of further treatment.

It's been a good run.

16 REPLIES 16
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

GWalk, thank you so much for telling us.  I don't even know what to say, but I want you to know you're in my thoughts.

I am so sorry to read this Greg. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I sure hope you get the feeling back in your legs so you can continue to fight the nasty cancer.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

So sad to hear this Greg. Hoping for the best possible outcome. 

Sure makes the problems here seem quite small and insignificant really.

Amanda

Gwalk

Don't give up on the fight... We will be here for you like you have always been for us.

~Amanda

I can't even find the words to type. I just want to give you a really long hug, Gwalk. 😞

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

bare65
Advanced Tutor

tenor.gif

GabeU

I'm sorry to hear this, Greg, but please don't give up hope.  Sometimes our bodies can do things that are seemingly miraculous. 

I hope that your tomorrow is a better day. 

Cancer sucks.  😞  

Sorry to hear.... Stay strong..

Some possible  improvement. If I look  at my foot  and think of moving  my toes, they move. No control, no feedback  and very tiring.

Still, it's something.

So happy to hear there is some improvement. Keep fighting Greg. You can do this.

maratsade

Way to go, Greg! The mind is very powerful, so you show those toes who's boss.

@Gwalk900 wrote:

Some possible  improvement. If I look  at my foot  and think of moving  my toes, they move. No control, no feedback  and very tiring.

Still, it's something.

@C0RR0SIVE  thanks.

I kind  of keep  flashing  back on marsh0x  tonight.

GabeU

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

I really miss Marsh sometimes 😞

I take it Marsh was a much admired poster in here that passed away a while back?  😞