Cell reception booster?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thewarehouse
Sophomore

Cell reception booster?

Hopefully I've put this in the correct place. This isn't in regard to HN at all. 

We live in a metal building so our cell phones don't have very good reception. When searching for boosters, there are so many different things to consider that I'm a bit overwhelmed. Does anyone have experience with these and could recommend good options? Or suggestions for increasing the reception in general? 

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@thewarehouse 

You'll get more visibility if you post this in the "Third Party Products" section.

Edit:  I can tell you that the ones that use outdoor Yagi antennas seem to be the most popular and most recommended, though I have no personal experience with them.

@GabeU wrote:

@thewarehouse 

You'll get more visibility if you post this in the "Third Party Products" section.

Edit:  I can tell you that the ones that use outdoor Yagi antennas seem to be the most popular and most recommended, though I have no personal experience with them.

Thank you for the direction.

mrbrown
Freshman

We have VZW and ATT as our only options here. ATT signal is non existent in our location and VZW is very weak, nearest tower is 5 miles through woods. We could just barely get one bar outside our home, and it was impossible to make a cell call.

After researching boosters, we purchased SureCall Fusion4Home with outdoor yagi (directional) antenna. We do bounce between 3G and 4G, but usually have enough signal now to make a call or browse internet. (Not strong enough to stream).

The most important thing to remember is a booster will boost a weak signal, and also noise. You need a usable signal outside to utilize a booster. If you have too much noise when talking to cell tower, you will always have slow connection, it's just the way the technology works. It prioritizes stronger signals first.

If you need any other info, let me know, we've had the booster for about 1.5 years now.