EBB not being applied

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deejay1214
New Poster

EBB not being applied

Hughsnet wont apply my EBB they say without an email from the EBB with a approval number. I have the application saying approved. Im not sure what they want from me.everyone i talk wirh at hughsnet says something different im so frustrated if i could i would switch to another internet provider !

13 REPLIES 13
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

They are following the law. If you would like a HughesNet agent on this site to reply to you, you may want to post under myAccount andn Billing.   Just ask your question there and a HughesNet corporate rep will reply to you. 

No i just think its a shame everyone at hughnet gives a different answer. Maybe a little training would help.

maratsade

Your point is reasonable. There ought to be some way of getting everyone who deals with customers on the same page, so a customer would have a more productive experience no matter who they talked to. 

My reasons for suggesting you post under myAccount and Billing are:

1. The reps would respond there, and being they are corporate reps, they have more access and more power to reach out to other divisions on your behalf
  2. The reps might be able to fix the issue for you by getting the process moving and
  3. You may get some kind of mitigation from the reps that would serve as a substitute for the EBB, at least in part and for the time being while they sort out the issue. 

@Deejay1214 wrote:

No i just think its a shame everyone at hughnet gives a different answer. Maybe a little training would help.

GabeU

"A place to chat about tech or tech-related topics and just have fun. 🙂 *NOT FOR HUGHESNET SUPPORT*"

rjk
New Poster

I totally agree with you Deejay1214.  I have called 5 times and they keep telling me my apllication number is not valid or expired.  I have also talked to EBB three times and they tell me it's the internet provider (HughesNet) not putting the number in right.

The last rep. at Hughes Net didn't even ask for the number but I had to answer all kinds of personal questions.  Do they need an ounce of blood too?  Now Hughes Net is telling me the application phone number is not what is on the account.  ?????

The EBB is for a household.  I think they just keep coming up with excuses so they don't have to apply the discount.  I'm past the point of fustration and looking into reporting them .

maratsade

" I think they just keep coming up with excuses so they don't have to apply the discount.  I'm past the point of fustration and looking into reporting them ."

They are following federal law. Maybe they have a different number on the account than the one you used for EBB. If the law requires the numbers to match, they will need to match before you can proceed.  

Hughes Net obviously have not helped and/or are avoiding me now  I was corresponding with Liz and now it's not allowing me to do that (says I'm over my contact limit with her) and my thread has been locked so I can no longer post/reply to it.  I also emailed Liz with no response again.  I have been in contact with EBB three times now and they are telling me that all I need to provide Hughes Net is the the approved ID number, service address and last 4 of my SS.  How hard is that?  The last Hughes Net rep. I talked to didn't even ask for the approved ID number as I told him he needed it.  Hughes Net is making this is very, very, very  difficult and how would you know if they are following the law?  Obviously something is fishy.

maratsade

"how would you know if they are following the law? "

I am familiar with how this works. 

If your familiar with how it works then please explain to me what the issue is of getting this applied my account.

I believe I have been far more than understandable and patient.  The nomore contact from Hughes Net throws up red flags for me as I have been a customer for over 7 years and a person would think Hughes Net would really put in effort into helping us get this applied to our account.

maratsade

You should head over to myAccount and Billing and start a new topic, and respond to the information @Liz  provided here.  The area where you're posting is not for tech or account support.  There appears to be a discrepancy in the data supplied to EBB and what HughesNet has. The information doesn't match, and it has to match or they can't help you. 

The thread has been locked and it won't let me reply.  I've tried to contact @Liz and it won't let me send anything to her stating I'm over my limit.  😞

GabeU

@rjk wrote:

The thread has been locked and it won't let me reply.  I've tried to contact @Liz and it won't let me send anything to her stating I'm over my limit.  😞

This is why maratsade suggested starting a new topic.  

maratsade

Don't send direct emails to the mods unless they ask that you do.  Open a new ticket and post your questions or information there. 

@rjk wrote: