Email Address

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimjumper83
Freshman

Email Address

So when Hughes switched my service from Gen4 to Gen5 they did it as a "new service" install and when the old service was cancelled, 2 months later, my Hughes email was also cancelled! I have tried to add the old email address to the new account but since Hughes cancelled it I am locked out. The section to add an email says "username not available". Who controls email names at Hughes? If I can get the name block lifted I can just re-start the account and all would be well. I realize that I would still be missing all the emails from cancellation to re-start but at least I will be able to still use the email address. Anybody know how these things work?

4 REPLIES 4
Jimjumper83
Freshman

And what the heck is a "label"?

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

A label indicates the general topic of a post, such as "performance," "usage," etc. It helps people see what a post may be about, and is helpful in cases of very long posts. 

In the case of this section, the label that appears automatically is to remind people that this section is not for tech or account support and that if your post is about that, you need to repost it under a different section. 

@Jimjumper83,

I already responded to you about this in your other post regarding the same issue https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Email-down/m-p/139522#M92962 . I gave you a full explanation with details. I understand it may be hard to accept but what you are asking for is impossible, especially after an account has already been canceled and the grace period has ended. It is not a name block, the old email address is deleted as is the old account. -Damian 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

First thing you need to do is go to the tech support section and post your query there -- the area where you posted is not for tech or account support.