Hughesnet Community

Grab your forks, it's National Fettuccine Alfredo Day!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liz

Grab your forks, it's National Fettuccine Alfredo Day!

unnamed.jpg

Thank you Alfredo di Lelio for bringing this cheesy, buttery goodness to life. I started to fall down the rabbit hole looking for a picture to add here, and I found this great quote on di Lelio's wiki article:

This act of mixing the butter and cheese through the noodles becomes quite a ceremony when performed by Alfredo in his tiny restaurant in Rome. As busy as Alfredo is with other duties, he manages to be at each table when the waiter arrives with the platter of fettuccine to be mixed by him. As a violinist plays inspiring music, Alfredo performs the sacred ceremony with a fork and spoon of solid gold. Alfredo does not cook noodles. He does not make noodles. He achieves them.
— George Rector

Usually I eat through breakfast/lunch/dinner sort of mindlessly, eating while multitasking, but it's good to remember to savor the food, or go out and enjoy the whole dining experience. 

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

9 REPLIES 9
Jay

Noodles in any and every form are just the best!

Lunch time is so far away! Smiley Mad

-Jay

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

This.

@Jay wrote:

Noodles in any and every form are just the best!

Lunch time is so far away! Smiley Mad

-Jay

MarkJFine
Professor

Always our Xmas Eve dinner tradition.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

I had no idea about today's "holiday", but what's funny is that yesterday I bought some Alfredo Pasta Sides when I was at the store.  😛  

@GabeU it's fate!

-Jay

Hardy

I love Fettuccine Alfredo!! With Broccoli and Chicken!

-Felicia

GabeU

@Hardy wrote:

I love Fettuccine Alfredo!! With Broccoli and Chicken!

-Felicia

Me too!  

And it's relative: Pasta Primavera

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

That's delicious too!  I'd put Alfredo sauce on it. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

And it's relative: Pasta Primavera