Know - It - All's

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markpierce
Freshman

Know - It - All's

Who  are  these  so - called  "assistant  profeesors"  who  profess  to  know  everything  about  anything  associated   with  Hughesnet ?... Stock  Holders  most  likely...

6 REPLIES 6
MarkJFine
Professor

Nope. We're experienced customers (see below).

And, you should know that kind of discussion is not looked at very kindly around here. If you want to be derisive, find somewhere else to do it.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

What  just  exactly  is  your  definition  of  "expirienced  customer " ?...

@markpierce

Since you want to ask pedantic questions, I'll give you a pedantic answer:

1. An 'expirienced' customer would be one who's expired.

2. An 'experienced' customer is measured in terms of the earliest HN modem model you've ever had. In my case, that's an HN7000S, roughly 10+ years ago. I think that qualifies, but I know of others that go even further back.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@MarkJFine wrote:

@markpierce

Since you want to ask pedantic questions, I'll give you a pedantic answer:

1. An 'expirienced' customer would be one who's expired.

2. An 'experienced' customer is measured in terms of the earliest HN modem model you've ever had. In my case, that's an HN7000S, roughly 10+ years ago. I think that qualifies, but I know of others that go even further back.

It'd be a DW6000, for me, from December 2004, when they were still DirecWay.  Others go back further.  I believe there are a few on here that started when the system was still one way and the phone line had to be used for upload.  

Hello Markpierce, what @maratsade said is correct. The rankings assigned to customers on the Community are automatic and depends on their activity. Everyone posting on the community that does not have the word (Mod) next to their name is a regular customer. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Dude, the labels (such as Assistant Professor) are related to how long we've been on the community and how many times we have posted, and your own "New Member" label will change if you post more.  The labels have nothing to do with who we are. Unless someone has MOD next to their name, we're all customers. 

I'm certainly not a stockholder, but you're welcome to believe whatever you wish.  If it bothers you so much to be here and to see customers using their experience (which is sometimes considerable) to help other customers, you're free to go somewhere else that's more agreeable to your particular personality. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.