gokartergo24
Tutor

One way to get rid of wasps.

@Amanda   Is this a Hughesnet Approved way of getting rid of wasps...LOL

https://rumble.com/v4o2jh-hornet-fighting-drone.html?mref=bp4c&mc=65r1d

10 REPLIES 10
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Funny video.  I absolutely LOATHE bald faced hornets.  

A bald faced hornets nest, which I didn't know was there, and I got into a run in when I was a kid.  To make a long story short, I ended up in the ER.  I lost the battle, even though I wasn't trying to fight it.  LOL.  

They're one of the few insects that I truly hate.  

maratsade

I don't like any hornets.

@GabeUwrote:

Funny video.  I absolutely LOATHE bald faced hornets.  

A bald faced hornets nest, which I didn't know was there, and I got into a run in when I was a kid.  To make a long story short, I ended up in the ER.  I lost the battle, even though I wasn't trying to fight it.  LOL.  

They're one of the few insects that I truly hate.  

Amanda

Holy moly.. I guess its bug season! I currently have a wasp/bee problem at my apartment. Both colonies appear to have nested somewhere near the gutters by my balcony, which means our balcony is 'danger Will Robinson'. I've heard making a fake wasp nest keeps them away since they won't go near a nest that isn't theirs. Any truth to that you know of?

Never heard of that..

maratsade

From what I've read, the fake nests don't work well -- but it can't hurt to try.

@Amandawrote:

Holy moly.. I guess its bug season! I currently have a wasp/bee problem at my apartment. Both colonies appear to have nested somewhere near the gutters by my balcony, which means our balcony is 'danger Will Robinson'. I've heard making a fake wasp nest keeps them away since they won't go near a nest that isn't theirs. Any truth to that you know of?

From what I've read, the fake nests don't work well -- but it can't hurt to try.

I'm pretty sure hurting would be the #1 thing at the top of the list of things that would happen if it didnt work lol

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Fake nests don't work well here... Wasps will cut old nests down to make new ones here.

Last summer I saw my first bald faced hornet, never have I seen them around here before, the first sign of a nest being formed on my property and I am burning the house down, that is the only real solution!

I carry a can of Wasp Freeze in the truck. Every single old 7000 system I have taken down for upgrades has a hive inside the cover that was over the radio..  Glad I don't run into those to often.

GabeU

@gokartergo24wrote:

I carry a can of Wasp Freeze in the truck. Every single old 7000 system I have taken down for upgrades has a hive inside the cover that was over the radio..  Glad I don't run into those to often.

Had a wasps nest in mine, too.  It was the perfect place.  I was trimming the weeds around the pole and bumped into that cover, and they came out pretty quick.  Thankfully, they were just paper wasps rather than something worse and/or more aggressive, but it was still unnerving.

Every year I'd kill them and they'd be back the next.  When I saw that the new dish setup had an open radio I was much happier, though I have found a nest on the backside of the dish.  There are still some protected nooks and crannies in the gear that are perfect for smaller nests.  😞 

Bit the bullet and bought a coleman pop up screen tent so I can at least get some fresh air every now and then, now to put it together...