3.1.1 error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A-l-e-x-99
New Poster

3.1.1 error

I have not had Internet access since roughly 10:30 PM Eastern on May 15th. Only the top and bottom lights are lit on my HT1100 modem, and the 192.168.0.1 page gives a system state code of 3.1.1. The weather so far has not justified the outage (no heavy rain). Had to use my phone to send this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Though the reps will need to make the ultimate determination as to what's going on, I'd check to make sure that the coax connector is at least finger tight at the back of the modem. It doesn't need to be tighter than that, but it shouldn't be loose. You may even want to unscrew it, then screw it back in, though be careful, as it's easy to mess up the copper wire in the middle of the connector if it doesn't insert properly when reattaching it.

A 3.1.1 error suggests a problem with the cable, though again, the reps will need to make the ultimate determination.

They may need to get some personal information from you in order to locate your account, but they'll ask for it to be provided to them via private message, for which they'll provide a link.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade

@A-l-e-x-99 ,

If you're a residential subscriber, your best bet is to wait for the reps here to check your modem remotely to see what may be going on. 

You can also try calling the customer service number,  866-347-3292. 

If you have a business account, you will need to call 800.347.3272 for support, as this community is only for residential subscribers. 

GabeU

Though the reps will need to make the ultimate determination as to what's going on, I'd check to make sure that the coax connector is at least finger tight at the back of the modem. It doesn't need to be tighter than that, but it shouldn't be loose. You may even want to unscrew it, then screw it back in, though be careful, as it's easy to mess up the copper wire in the middle of the connector if it doesn't insert properly when reattaching it.

A 3.1.1 error suggests a problem with the cable, though again, the reps will need to make the ultimate determination.

They may need to get some personal information from you in order to locate your account, but they'll ask for it to be provided to them via private message, for which they'll provide a link.

Remy

A-l-e-x-99,

Thanks for reaching out! I see this is your first post. Welcome to the Community! I'd second Gabe's comment, please make sure the cable is securely connected. In addition, we'd love to take a look into this for you, but I was unable to locate the account connected to your Community profile. Please send a private message to the link provided below, with your account number or a phone number attached!

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/102584

Thanks,

Remy

A-l-e-x-99
New Poster

...Uh, never mind?

After reading @GabeU's first post, I decided to unplug and replug the power supply. It didn't work the first 99,000 times I tried it, but somehow, it worked this time.

I think my modem is possessed. 😧

maratsade

@A-l-e-x-99 wrote:

I think my modem is possessed. 😧

I agree. LOL

GabeU

Either that or gremlins... or maybe even possessed by gremlins. 🤪

I'm glad you're back up and running, but I'd still PM your info to Remy so he can run remote diagnostics to see if anything looks amiss.