Buffering Slow Internet and E-mail times out

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kf4ipc
Sophomore

Buffering Slow Internet and E-mail times out

I have been having issues with Hughes net since I had it installed in December of 2018. Slow Internet, Facebook will partially load then the pictures and videos will start loading one by one and you have to wait for it to load more so you can keep scrolling down the page. You-tube buffers constantly even with data saver turned off and resolution as low as it will go. E-mail will time out and reload the same messages several times if there are any large attachments. It's extremely difficult to participate in on-line college classes. This happens with all my devices, Wired desktop, laptops, mobile phones. Normally I keep Wifi turned off. Speedtest shows my download speed mostly between 20 and 60 Mbps and my upload speed was 2.1 Mbps when I last checked. I have called tech support numerous times when I have been having problems and they had a service tech come out this past week and he couldn't find anything wrong, All he did was take a few pictures of the dish, checked the coax connections and connected into my wifi with his phone to run some checks then told me everything looked fine and he didn't know what else to do. I am to the point now that if I want to watch something on You-tube I just use my mobile data. Most of the time the weather is clear when I am having problems and it happens during different times of the day and night. I also have not been out of data.

LAN Throughput is ***** 96.56 Mbps

Satellite Receive Signal Strength104

https://testmy.net/stats/?&t=u&d=03232019&x=90&l=50&q=KF4IPC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@kf4ipc,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. If you are willing to try HTS again, please call 866-347-3292 and provide them with the updated case number I just messaged you, as I have now updated the case notes to ensure the call will be free of charge next time. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Also, I see you had mentioned termination earlier. If this is the step you would like to take instead, I can assist you with the process. Please private message me if this is your decision.

-Damian

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Maybe the  mods could consolidate the threads?  It does make the whole process more organised. 

I guess my previous topic "Buffering Slow Internet and E-mail times out" has been locked or something since I can't post to it. I haven't had usable Internet for over 3 weeks and today I have Internet and so far it is fast like it is supposed to be, What happened? Nothing has changed on my end. I have been pulling my hair out since December with slow Internet, pages not loading and not being able to get my e-mail and having to go find wireless in town to get my e-mail and every test I did said the download speed was always above 20 Mbps but it acted like dial up. I guess i'll see how long this lasts before it goes out again. 

@kf4ipc,

This thread was initially closed since there was no response to the private message I had sent you. I have now merged your current post and re-opened your last thread to keep things consolidated. I am glad to hear your service appears to be faster now. Nothing has changed on our side either, as your modems speeds have remained in the same range, acording to our diagnostics, since May.  Please let me know if you ever experience a slow down again and I will continue the troubleshooting process.     

-Damian  

@kf4ipc,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. If you are willing to try HTS again, please call 866-347-3292 and provide them with the updated case number I just messaged you, as I have now updated the case notes to ensure the call will be free of charge next time. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Also, I see you had mentioned termination earlier. If this is the step you would like to take instead, I can assist you with the process. Please private message me if this is your decision.

-Damian

Still fighting with this Internet. Its still unusable, I can't watch Youtube or get my E-mail, It took several minutes to get to this website just to post this tonight. How much will it cost me to terminate my service? I pay my bill every month and I can't even use the Internet so I am just wasting my money. I am having to drive into town with my laptop just to download my E-mail and work on my online college classes. It is inconvenient and I should not have to do this. 

GabeU

@kf4ipc 

I really hope they can figure out just what's going on and remedy it, and if not, allow you to go on your way without penalty.  Buffering on a video is one thing, but taking minutes to get to a web page and not being able to get your email is another.  😞  

It's been over 2 weeks since the last post from a mod, I don't know what else to do, I still can't get on the Internet or check mail, I am tired of carrying my laptop into town and paying for worthless Internet. The only thing I have found it useful for is downloading a large file if and when the website loads up. I have had this service since December and it is not getting any better. I even had an IT friend who owns a computer repair shop come by and check my system and he told me there should be no reason my Internet should be slow connecting at 50 Mbps, He said pages should come up almost instantaneously.  

maratsade

You may want to send Amanda a private message.

kf4ipc wrote:

It's been over 2 weeks since the last post from a mod, I don't know what else to do,

IBSKEETS
New Poster

I contacted Hughes and got to tier 2 tech who said that there is and issue with the satellite that is known and a solution has not been found yet. Offered to cut monthly rate in half, but the <12 mbps does not equate to the 50% monthly rate reduction. And the uncertainty of when a solution is forthcoming makes it untolerable. Looking for an alternativd now.

IBSKEETS
New Poster

Just checked with Hughes again ... No ETA for resolving sloooow speeds ...

maratsade

Each conversation here is like a tech support ticket. The Hughnest people on the site like to focus on one subscriber at a time, so you should go to the Tech Support page (https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/bd-p/TechSupport) and click on the "Start a topic" button, and provide details of what you're experiencing.  

The Hughesnet staff on the site will need you to follow these instructions before they can address speed issues:  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

They will likely not address your speed issues until you follow the steps in the article.  They will also be able to tell you whether there is a problem with your beam or not.  They have access to more information than the people on the phone or chat, so your best bet is to work with them on your own thread. 

IBSKEETS wrote:

Just checked with Hughes again ... No ETA for resolving sloooow speeds ...