Code 11.2.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drain013
Freshman

Code 11.2.1

Our internet randomly went out tonight. Diagnostic code is showing 0000-0000-0000-0027. State code just says a problem receiving data has occurred. I’ve tried to reboot it several times but it still will not work.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Drain013 

Most of the time an 11.2.1 State Code is seen it's due to inclement weather at either your own location or that of your gateway.  It's usually a transient state. 

If it's still happening tomorrow (Wednesday), a rep will most likely want to take a look, so please be sure to leave your modem plugged in so that they can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary. 

If you want to take a look to see if there is bad weather at your gateway, here's a site with instructions on how to determine where it is, as it will be far from you.  The site belongs to "Corrosive", who is a long time Community member.  

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
GabeU

@Drain013 

Most of the time an 11.2.1 State Code is seen it's due to inclement weather at either your own location or that of your gateway.  It's usually a transient state. 

If it's still happening tomorrow (Wednesday), a rep will most likely want to take a look, so please be sure to leave your modem plugged in so that they can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary. 

If you want to take a look to see if there is bad weather at your gateway, here's a site with instructions on how to determine where it is, as it will be far from you.  The site belongs to "Corrosive", who is a long time Community member.  

Damian

Hello @Drain013,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. As @GabeU stated, 11.2.1 is associated with poor weather at the gateway or site location. After reviewing your account, I see that there is a Tornado warning in your area that could extend through the night. Severe weather will most certainly cause this state code to appear and interrupt your service. I hope you stay safe during this time. Please update me after the weather clears so that I can make sure your equipment is back up and running. 

-Damian   

Drain013
Freshman

It still did not work the entire day. Called customer service and she said there is a bad storm at my gate way and also one heading near me, said this could be why we have no satellite service. Hopefully it will clear up and I will have it tomorrow. Thanks

I’ve now been without internet since Wednesday and they keep saying it’s weather related even though it’s sunny and fine outside...
maratsade

They may be referencing the weather at your gateway, which is always in another state. 

Edit: Do you know how to find where your gateway is? See this site for a tutorial: https://chucksbasix.com/2017/10/06/how-to-find-your-hughesnet-gateway/

Then you can check the weather there and see if it's really bad weather.

Drain013 wrote:
they keep saying it’s weather related even though it’s sunny and fine outside...

GabeU

@Drain013 

At this point, the chances of it being weather related are almost non existent.  Such an extensive weather related event at your gateway would be affecting a large number of people, and for just as long, and the chances of that, as stated, are practically nil at th is point.  Something else has got to be going on.  

Being that there are normally no reps on during the weekend, it will likely not be until at least Monday before you hear something from one.  There is occasionally a rep on during the weekend, but it's not normally so. 

I would leave the modem plugged in so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary, which they likely will.  This way they can see if something is affecting your signal locally, like your dish needing to be re-aimed or some component of your equipment on the fritz.  

You can certainly still take a look at the weather at your gateway location, which you can find via the website I gave (maratsade, as well), but again, for an affecting weather event to last for five days would be very unusual.  The problem is likely being caused by something else.  

@Damian @Liz @Amanda @Hardy  

Edit:  A couple of things you may want to check are making sure that coax connector at the back of the modem is finger tight.  It doesn't necessarily need to be tighter than this, but it shouldn't be loose.  The other is to try plugging the modem directly into an outlet if you normally have it plugged into a surge protector, as surge protectors can sometimes cause the electricity throughput to be a little off. 

In addition, though it's unlikely to make a difference, but because there's always the chance, you may want to try plugging the modem into a different outlet, if that's something that you can do without too much difficulty.

Lastly, if you haven't already checked, and if it may apply, you might want to take a look to see if any foliage may be growing up in front of the dish that could be blocking the signal.  

@Drain013,

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing an issue with the service. Since we still do not have communication with the modem and you state the weather is now clear in your area, I would like to send a technician out, as there is nothing further we can do remotely.  Scheduling an appointment for a specific day you may be difficult depending on the availability of the technician. Please private message me with days and times that would work best. I will review the schedule based on your answers and present you with the ones that match closest. Also, please provide me with a primary email and the name and phone number of the person most likely to be there for the repair. This person does not have to be yourself but they must be over 18 years old.  

-Damian 

@Drain013,

It appears you recently had a technician come out to repair the service now that the weather is better, and things are back up and running. Since we have not received a response from you, this thread will be closed. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

-Damian