Hughesnet Community

Community notification emails have stopped.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Community notification emails have stopped.

The last Community notification email I received was at 5:40PM EST yesterday.  Since then, there have been many replies and such that have prompted notifications within the Community itself, but no email notifications to accompany them.  

I've reset the Community email notification settings, but that didn't make any difference.  

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning folks,

Thank you for your patience while we continue to investigate. While we currently can resolve this issue as it pops up on a user by user basis, we're still working on pinpointing the root cause of this forum notification issue to apply a permanent and universal solution. I'll keep this thread updated on news as we get it.

If you notice your e-mail notifications not arriving when you should be receiving them, please let me know ASAP; posting in here is fine. Include the approximate date and time of the notification received in the community that didn't arrive as an e-mail notification.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

99 REPLIES 99
Liz

Hi Gabe,

Thanks for letting us know. Let me look into this again for you, hopefully we can get this resolve quickly since we've done it before.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU

Thank you.  And I do realize that it's late Friday afternoon, so I know it likely won't be until at least Monday.  But I'm patient.   🙂

Hi Gabe!

We're working on this. On the forum side they're seeing the same thing that happened last time, so I'm getting our e-mail admins to do the same voodoo they did to fix it. Trying to get an explanation for why/how this is happening in the first place...

-Liz

GabeU

@Liz 

I'm going with Gremlins, though I always go with Gremlins.  🤣

I appreciate both your and their help.  🙂  

Hi Gabe,

We're almost there! ~Something~ on the e-mail side triggered the community side into adding you and maratsade on their bounce list. At this point they're working on taking you off the list since whatever it was that happened on the e-mail side passed. You should start getting notification e-mails again once this last step is complete.

I appreciate your patience!

-Liz

maratsade

"Something~ on the e-mail side triggered the community side into adding you and maratsade on their bounce list."

Oh, no, the email side is on to me! 

GabeU

@Liz wrote:

Hi Gabe,

We're almost there! ~Something~ on the e-mail side triggered the community side into adding you and maratsade on their bounce list.  

Well then!  Hmph!

Capture.PNG

I bet the email system is getting back at me for mentioning Gmail and Outlook a few times lately!  😂😂😂

Thanks for the update.  🙂

Hahaha, you're welcome!

-Liz

Good morning Gabe,

This should be fixed now, please let me know if those e-mails are coming through again.

Thanks,

Liz

GabeU

@Liz 

Still nothing.  If your reply here is included, I should have gotten five notifications so far today.  

Interesting, thanks Gabe! I'll let everyone know.

-Liz

Good morning folks,

So Gabe, we're working on your account, it's still on the bounce list. However, maratsade should be clear, so please confirm that the e-mail notifications are getting to you.

-Liz

maratsade

They never stopped for me after the last time we worked on this. 

OH, thanks for letting me know, I had it in my head that you were also affected, maratsade. Guilty by association LOL

-Liz

maratsade

Story of my life. XXXD

@Liz wrote:

Guilty by association LOL

-Liz

Good morning Gabe,

OK *now* you're off the bounce list. Please let me know if you got a notification e-mail.

-Liz

GabeU

@Liz wrote:

Good morning Gabe,

OK *now* you're off the bounce list. Please let me know if you got a notification e-mail.

-Liz

Still nothing.  I also checked the Spam folder, just in case.  

Wow, unusual. Thanks for letting me know. Let me update both sides on this; I'll keep you posted.

-Liz

Hey buddy you're doing something wrong, you need to clear your cookies, cache, reboot the modem, swing a dead cat around, go outside and see if you can see anything labeled "Echostar" in the night sky, etc. etc.

Hate to tell you but I'm getting all of my community notifications. My cat is not happy though.

GabeU

@Liz 

Woo hoo!!!  The notifications are working again, and they're forwarding to my main email perfectly!  😁

Thanks Liz.  Please tell those who worked on this that I said thank you to them as well.