cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox and Data

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: Dropbox and Data

"They" didn't break anything that you know of. For the most part, the problem is with their internet provider, CenturyLink, who has limited access to those sites to a trickle - nationwide. I'm having the same problems outside of HughesNet, but under CenturyLink.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
New Poster

I pay HughesNet every month so "they" need to fix it.  It does not matter how far upstream "they" need to go and can be fixed and should be soon.  I would not mind a "trickle".  After all it is satellite internet but NO access regardless of time of day does not work.  No one else in my company have this issue with their ISP.  Phone hot spots have hit data caps. Customer service non responsive for 2nd week in a row

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

"I pay HughesNet every month so "they" need to fix it."

And they're working on it. 

Highlighted
Freshman

As of this morning, 4/7, DROPBOX is working!!

Highlighted

It usually works for me during off hours, then it stops. Ditto for Google Drive.

Your access may stop as more people around the country get on the network, so use it while the connection lasts. 

Do you have it on your computer?  This would allow you to work on your documents, and they would update your online account when the connection works. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@jbrewer wrote:

As of this morning, 4/7, DROPBOX is working!!

Highlighted
New Poster

Dropbox working on my Mac this morning (the app and website versions).

My wife is on Windows laptop and can access Google Drive too (she is a teacher so this is big relief).

Thank you to HughesNet and upstream folks to get this fixed!  Fingers crossed this is 100% resolved!

Highlighted

Right now both are working for me too.  Yesterday both worked until around noon, then they both stopped working. They returned later, around 10pm. 

Dorman1993 wrote:

Dropbox working on my Mac this morning (the app and website versions).

My wife is on Windows laptop and can access Google Drive too (she is a teacher so this is big relief).

Thank you to HughesNet and upstream folks to get this fixed!  Fingers crossed this is 100% resolved!

Highlighted

Hi folks,

Thank you for confirming, glad to see this!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

12:30 PM 

Google Drive: check!

Dropbox: check!

YouTube: check!

iCloud: being a total rotter

Highlighted
Spectator

I've been trying to use dropbox for a couple of years with Hughesnet and it has never been reliable.  Hoping that it is solved soon.