Email filter doesn't work

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
InvalidUsername
New Poster

Email filter doesn't work

Trying to have emails recived on one Hughes address automatically forwarded to another Hughes address When I send an email from my main address to the forwarding address (both Hughes) it works correctly (email gets forwarded) When the email originates from an outside address it doesn't work Why?
32 REPLIES 32

You've just re-made all of my points.

BTW: Forwarding was never the issue. Searching on forwarded email was, and I've already explained how it might not be technically possible to do it depending upon how the message was forwarded - which you promptly dispelled. But since you admittedly refuse to listen to facts I'm wasting my time.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

How does one determine if an email has been sent as an attachment?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

The bottom line is, even if a 'solution' is realized, it's likely to be short lived. ISP based email is progressively going by the wayside, and HughesNet is very likely to follow suit and eliminate theirs like so many others already have. Continuing to invest time and money in a feature that is quickly becoming unnecessary is a waste. There is a wide variety of both free and much more advanced email services to replace what ISPs themselves once provided. Gmail, Yahoo Mail and Outlook.com to name a few.

You may not want to use a 3rd party email like those mentioned above, but times change, and we're forced to change with them.

maratsade

Another potential downside is that even if an ISP grandfathers existing email accounts, they will likely provide minimal, if any, support. 

maratsade

"I'm trying a couple of other things to see if they solve the problem. One is to use the New Filter option under More in the top bar menu where the filter fields are populated automatically; the second is to set the external email sender as "Always Allow" without being processed for Spam."

Did either of these things work for you?

No they didn't work

maratsade

Sorry to hear it didn't work. 

InvalidUsername
New Poster

I just got an email urging me to Accept one of the replies as the solution so that others can be helped. If this forum is Hughes idea of helping people find solutions to their problems, other than to find another ISP, it's a joke. No one has offered even the semblance of a solution. 

maratsade

That's an automatic thing and it's totally fine to ignore it, especially if there isn't a solution.  Hopefully one of the mods will get involved again and work with you. 

InvalidUsername
New Poster

I called technical support. They tried, but were not able to help.

@InvalidUsername,

Please use another email service instead. What you are asking for specifically will not work with the current HughesNet email system. I will keep you updated if things change and I apologize for the inconvenience. -Damian 

OK thanks for the update and confirmation.