cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent drops

Junior

Re: Frequent drops

Thanks!

I'll definitely keep the modem up for the reps to scan.

Ryzen 7 2700/16GB RAM/X470 Motherboard/250 GB m.2 SSD/2TB HDD/4GB RX560/Windows 10 Pro
Distinguished Professor II

@infinitytec

Just to be sure that they see this thread I'll tag a couple of the reps.  

@Liz

@Amanda

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hello Infinitytec,

Thank you for your patience and understanding. The other customers on this post are correct in saying that the service would be affected by the weather events surrounding the gateway. However, after running my diagnostic I noticed that you've run out of your data allowance. If you go to https://my.hughesnet.com/myaccount?_mpsource=Header&_udreq=1&tab=Usage and click view history you can see that the account runs out of data within the first 3 days, this would definitely be causing your speeds to be throttled throughout the month. If you need help managing your data usage please visit https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Data-Management-Tips-n-Tricks-How-To-Elimi....

Highlighted
Junior

@Hal

I am aware we have run out of data. However, oftentimes pages will not load and give an error such as a secure connection failure. Refreshing the page will bring it up. This will happen on multiple pages at once, so that's why I think it's a connection problem.

(The throttled connection is still faster than our connection to our old ISP!)

Edit: and to clear things up, I have this issue on multiple devices.

Ryzen 7 2700/16GB RAM/X470 Motherboard/250 GB m.2 SSD/2TB HDD/4GB RX560/Windows 10 Pro

Hello Infinitytec, I was curious as you mentioned the pages give an error with secure connection failure, what kind of web pages are you on when this error occurs?

Junior

@Hal
Any site. After posting my previous post it also happened.
Senior Instructor

@Hal

I think was @infinitytec is referring to is the default page a browser gives you when a TLS handshake fails. Usually it returns a 'bad MAC' type of error indicating packets are getting scrambled or curtailed. If it's the same thing, I too have been seeing this on Beam 68 with a near-perfect, non-FAP connection. It's not particular to any time of day but may be aggravated by increased load in the evening.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Junior

I'll try to post a picture of the error.
Senior Instructor

I should note that Level3 has been having issues upstream from 068 as noted from traceroutes, so it's quite possible it's either them or the connection between the gateway and them in my case.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Hi infinitytec,

I'll be handling this issue for you going forward. Are you still having trouble? Can you provide a website or two as an example so I can try it out on the unit here? Feel free to PM them to me if you prefer that way. A specific make/model of device would be good to know also. I know you say it happens on any site and any device, but it helps to get some specifics. 

Thanks,

Amanda