Those WERE ONLY my results and not anybody elses. 3 with Netgear and 3 HT2000W. Didn't know why you would be telling me that.
It was a courtesy. If you bothered to read the posts, you'd see that seeing other people's results in one's own results "OFTEN" happens if they aren't excluded. There's no guarantee that they WILL be there. Conversely, clicking on what I showed you definitely excludes others' results, so it guarantees that it won't happen.
But, due to your response, have no fear, I'll refrain from any courtesies in the future.
So that we can keep this topic focused...
Key Points of Interest...
- speeds on the HT2000w wifi are capping around 22ish Mbps (still acceptable for plan speeds though)
- speeds on the Netgear Wifi are able to hit actual maximum throughput that the customer can achieve
- devices state the linkspeed is being negotiated above 100Mbps, so in theory, they should be able to see 40Mbps using EITHER of the two wifi networks
@jc2 can you inform us, is this happening with the 2.4Ghz, 5.0Ghz or both wireless network types? If it's happening on the 5.0Ghz only signal, then there is potentially a fix in that in new firmware that should be rolling out very soon. I am unsure about the 2.4Ghz network though, but I suspect the new firmware coming along may help there as well. From my understanding the firmware is mostly to address upnp issues and the 5Ghz signal constantly dropping out.
When was the last time the device your using was rebooted? I know some people will let their tablets run for days/weeks at a time with out an actual reboot, mine was recently having issues with speed and I couldn't get a link above 11Mbps, a reboot quickly got me back up to speed.
ALL of that aside, at the Advanced System Control Center go to General > Connected Device Info, and look at the "Device Health" it *SHOULD* be marked as Good for the device you are testing on.
I have been testing my Wifi on my Nighthawk and HT2000w, both give very similar results on testmy.net, but, I am one of the lucky ones... and running different firmware, so it's possible that the issue you are seeing is already addressed, just not rolled out to everyone yet.
Did you click the link I provided? It should have taken you to the advanced page...
If not, look for the "i" icon at the top, to the right of System Info, it's really faint, but that will take you to the advanced page....
Showing same thing. It was showing as "Good" until I refreshed it.
Thanks for posting. I am glad to see that our community super users were able to assist you. I am going to escalate your case to our engineers and will get back to you once I receive an update. In the meanwhile, please continue to monitor your system and let us know if there is any change. Thanks.
I hope this reply will be seen by tech support. I am a brand new user and the download has NEVER worked correctly since installation. I've talked with tech support till blue in the face and while they have been very helpful, there is no solution. I thought a reboot from your end had fixed the problem but it really didn't. So here is my test runs URL http://testmy.net/quickstats/lothar0 It was performed before, during and after the tech support calls. Most of the tests are direct connect, nothing else connected and wifi disabled. I took great pains to eliminate every possibility to include runing some tests via phone (wifi), xbox diagnostics (direct) and laptop (direct and wifi). All the results were consistent in that the upload speeds are acceptable but the download speed vary all over the place. Another odd thing I noticed was an error msg saying this page does not exist but when I click on the link again it comes up. This to me sounds like a DNS pronlem. At any rate, the touble ticket numbers are 105366861 and 105377356. If you want to send a tech thats fine or send me a modem and I can try that. Whatever it takes please do it since this system is unacceptable as is and I will want it removed and any money refunded due to failure to perform. Please call if you have any questions.