Hughesnet Community

HN out of service over 22% in a 12-hour period with clear skies. 12.7.1 State Code is killing us.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bljhn
Freshman

HN out of service over 22% in a 12-hour period with clear skies. 12.7.1 State Code is killing us.

Over the past few days, our HN has been going down constantly every 15-20 minutes.  We called Tech Support 3 times over the past couple of days and was told it was just bad weather which we did have.  Well, the bad weather cleared out overnight last night, and we had nothing but clear sky for the past 12 hours.

At 10:28am this morning with clear skies, i cleared the state codes and rebooted the modem to get a good 12-hour run.

In the 12-hour period that followed, we were down over 22% of the time due to 12.7.1 state code with 172 transtions and 9449 total durations.  It's happening about every 10-15 minutes, then clears itself after 5-10 minutes.  Our system has been in service for 2 years now and has worked flawlessly up till a few days ago.

Other subscribers that have had this issue in the past had it resolved by HN engineers that did a beam adjustment/alignment.

Either our transmitter/modem is bad or there needs to be a beam adjustment.

We need help to get this resolved out as we depend on our service for financial transactions, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

Those of you in Louisiana (Beam 53) should have operational services now. Our engineers found a configuration issue in one specific network route, corrected it and restored service. If you are still experiencing issues, please powercycle your HughesNet modem. Should it persist, please let me know.

Thank you,

Amanda

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Keep in mind that, not only can weather at your location affect your service, weather at your gateway can affect your service, as well.  Your gateway could be anywhere in the country.  

With this said, I'm sure the reps, which I will tag, will take a look at your system.  They are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  Make sure, come Monday, that you leave your modem powered so that the reps can run diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment.  

@Liz @Amanda

Thanks Gabe.

I was aware that weather on both ends could affect it.  Our weather for the past 24 hours has been cloud-free, crystal clear eliminating weather as an issue on our end.  National weather radar right now shows the entire country pretty much in the clear....unless they're located up in Newfound, Canada.  This tells me that's its either hardware or satellite beam issue.  With it working flawlessly for 2 years staight and then to have this suddenly crop up, makes me wager on a hardware issue.

FWIW, looking at the diagonistics page, the Hourly History has a red X in the UpLink row for every hour for the past 20 hours or so.  Same red X with the Current Hour when we are actually using it.  When not in use, there are a few green check marks, but not many.

Hopefully, they can help us resolve this tomorrow.

Again, appreciate it.

For Liz/Amanda should they read this:  Our satellite is EchoStar-XVII, Beam 53 

Beam 53 is Boise, which has had good weather for a while, so it's not from that.

12.7.1 might be a couple of things:

1. Check to see that the power plug is firmly seated in the back of the modem. If it's loose, carefully push it back in and see if the problem corrects itself.

2. Make sure the other end is firmly in a wall socket and not in a surge protector or surge protecting power strip, as those might drop it below nominal power levels.

3. Also make sure the wall socket is part of a power circuit intended for lights and not heavy appliances (washer/dryer, heating unit, etc.), as those may cause a power drop as well.

Edit: If correcting any of the above doesn't fix the problem, you may need service requiring a technician.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

I've have a very similar experence, it started about 12/6 or 12/7 when recent bad weather began in my area ( Louisiana) which finally culminated with snow 12/8. Weather cleared 12/9 and has been blue skies since. During the weather leading up the snow (very cloudy and light rain) my internet was down about 90% of the time. I thought my internet would come back after the ckear out but it only has recovered marginally. I have tried all the sugested fixes including by passing my router, trying another cat5 connection from computer to modem, nothing has fixed it. It still comes and goes randomly. I am on sat.  XVII and beam 53, gateway 7. I get the same code, 12.7.1 and status as follows, operational state = down, IPGateway Assocaition state= "associating" , TCP Acceleration = down.My signal strenght shows 112-115. I have check the coax connections for tightness except on the roof. I am at the end of "helping myself". Hopefully the monitors will put me in the "needs help" list......Help!!!!

I've been having the same problem for days now.  I'm also on EchoStar-XVII beam 53 (SW Louisiana).  The system been going out every few mintues.  The diagnostic page shows X's every hour for the last 24 hours (uplink problem, code 12.1.12).   We've tried everything.  Even had a tech come and realign the dish (signal strength 122 - 130).  He also put a new LNB? on the dish.  Thought it was fixed, but 10 minutes after he left the problem came back.  Tech support convinced me to switch to Gen5 and are sending me a new modem.  They said wouldn't need to switch satellites, just plug the new modem in.  Wish I would have found this thread before ordering the new modem.  Seems the problem might be with the satellite and not my modem after all.

Just wanted to add, along with the 12.1.12 code, we are also getting the 12.7.1 code, 198 transitions, 10988 total durations.

GabeU

Edit (2nd).  My first edit, to correct a misspelling in my reply, posted as a second reply.  I hope THIS edit doesn't result in a 3rd reply.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  😛      

GabeU

That three people on the same beam are experiencing the same connection issue is troubling.  

maratsade

What does the code actually mean?  And I agree it's troubling when several users are experiencing the same issue.  I hope it gets solved quickly for them.

@GabeU wrote:

That three people on the same beam are experiencing the same connection issue is troubling.  

'Aloha transmission is unsuccessful'
Technically, it means the transmitter is sending a beacon but it's not getting ack'd back.

Edit: One possibility for the error is an erratic problem at the gateway if there is a trend, so it could be that.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Just an update since my original post:

Like Phillip, we're picking up 112.1.12 errors as well as the 12.7.1

It's been almost 48 hours with relatively clear skies here in SW Louisiana since I reset/rebooted the modem.

12.1.12 has caused 4.44%,  26 transitions, 7316 durations

12.7.1 has caused 17.2124%, 513 trnsitions, 28340 durations

Signal strength is 133

Red X across the UPLINK on every hour, both current and history.

The outages occur almost as if they're on a timer....really weird.

Thanks Mark.

I've already checked both of those things thinking I might be getting a low voltage/bad connection situation.  It was plugged into a surge protector and I moved it directly to the wall outlet itself.  Also checked the modem's back connections and made sure everything is tight.

It doesn't matter what it's plugged into, it's still on the same schedule to go down every 15 minutes or so.

We are in southwest Louisiana....clear as a bell today.

I have not had internet for 24 hrs at
least. We live in nw oregon. Please help!
I have an hn 1000 modem.
Thanks

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for providing your information in such detail. This has helped us gather the data we need for escalations much faster. We've escalated your connectivity issues up to our engineering department for investigation. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

Amanda

Correction: I have a HT 1100 modem. Still no internet though...
GabeU

@gglaze

Because this thread is concerning those having specific issues on a single beam that you are not on, you should start a new topic to receive help with your individual issue and keep it separate.  You can do so by clicking on the blue "Start a topic" button on the upper right while in the Tech Support section.   

Sefcik
Spectator

Central LA here. Echostar-XVII, beam 53, gateway 7.

I've been having issues consistent with the others in this thread for the past week or so. hourly.JPGstatecodes.JPG

Yours looks very much the same as mine over here in SE lousisana. I can barely get on long enought to post anything. We all seem to have the same issues, with the only common link being Huges Net. I am beginning to think there is a network problem. I didn't  bother to worry about this during the bad weather we had last week thinking it was weather and I wonder how many others there are out there in our area with Hughes net down?

Hello,

Those of you in Louisiana (Beam 53) should have operational services now. Our engineers found a configuration issue in one specific network route, corrected it and restored service. If you are still experiencing issues, please powercycle your HughesNet modem. Should it persist, please let me know.

Thank you,

Amanda