Hughesnet Community

Has anyone else been having issues with constant 12.7.1 and 12.7.2 errors for the past week or 2?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DurhamJ
New Poster

Has anyone else been having issues with constant 12.7.1 and 12.7.2 errors for the past week or 2?

I've been receiving 12.7.1 errors with intermittent 12.7.2 errors for the past week or 2 with it rarely resolving itself for a few hrs to then go back to the errors. I tried unplugging the modem for a couple hrs and plugging it back in, numerous reboots using the terminal but no luck. It just keeps flip flopping between creating ipgw pool and trying to associate. Anyone have any idea what might be causing this issue?

9 REPLIES 9
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

It's possible that there is some type of signal issue, though the reps won't really know until they run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment. They're normally on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST, though they can take up to a working day to reply. Though it's still possible this evening, you probably won't see a reply from one until tomorrow. When they do reply, they may need some personal info from you in order to locate your account, but they'll ask for it via private message, for which they'll provide a link. 

maratsade

If you can't wait for the mods, you may want to try calling the 800 number and see if those reps can check your modem to see what may be going on. 

GabeU

@DurhamJ 

Regarding what maratsade suggested, just in case, it's 866-347-3292. 

If you're an SME (Business Account) subscriber you'll need to call 800-347-3272, as reps in this Community are equipped to help only residential subscribers.

MarkJFine
Professor

@DurhamJ 

It's likely there are storms interrupting the groundstation's connection to the satellite. Your dish also connects to the satellite, but the signal returns to earth at the groundstation (at a location somewhere West of the Mississippi river), which in turn connects to the terrestrial internet. So the connection between the groundstation and satellite is just as important as the connection between your dish and the satellite. Either link can be affected by weather. The first three letters after 'J2' in your IP Gateway code tells you where the groundstation is located, and you can periodically check the weather in that area.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Remy

Durhamj,

Thanks for reaching out! I see this is your first post. Welcome to the Community! We'd love to take a look into this for you, but I was unable to locate the account connected to your Community profile. Please send a private message to the link provided below, with your account number or a phone number attached!

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/102584

Thanks,

Remy

Hi DurhamJ,

Thanks for sending us the additional info needed to locate your account. Currently there's no communication with your site so diagnostics aren't available, is your modem currently powered on?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

It has been powered on the whole time. 

DurhamJ,

Are you still receiving the same state code as you were in your previous posts?

Thanks,

Remy

I still am, currently it's at 12.7.2