cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to move dish on roof.

Junior

Re: Have to move dish on roof.

However, I would plead right to repair, although we are leasing the equipment. We were prepared to pay the service fee to get back online if I couldn't get it, but considering we had some problems communicating with the service people (one I think never got back to us) and I got it to work, it saved some money. It's also a temporary solution for us, as we will be switching to a more permanent one soon.

It would definitely be dumb for some people to attempt it; I almost couldn't figure it out, but hey, I know how now. Kind of fun to set up communication with a satellite.

Ryzen 7 2700/16GB RAM/X470 Motherboard/250 GB m.2 SSD/2TB HDD/4GB RX560/Windows 10 Pro
Professor

"However, I would plead right to repair, although we are leasing the equipment."

You would still be in violation of the agreement.  It's good you're prepared to deal with the consequences. 

Distinguished Professor IV

@infinitytec wrote:

Actually, it is very doable, but you should only do it yourself if you are comfortable doing so.  

Bad advice.  

Not only should it not be attempted due to the technical issues with doing so, it is also a violation of the subscriber agreement for a customer to attempt this type of work themselves.  

You may have succeeded, but suggesting others do the same, no matter their level of knowledge, is just bad advice to be giving on a customer support community.  A dish relocation should only be performed by a HughesNet authorized technician.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I think that everyone's point is made and clear. 

Camaro68 - please let me know in a private message if you would still like the visit set up, this thread will be closed.

Thanks,

Amanda

Highlighted
Junior

I should have made more clear that it can be done by the user, but I agree that most people should not attempt it. In my case, we were without connection. I really couldn't mess it up anymore, and the dish had already been moved, by someone else. We were already in a gray area with the terms. It would have been a week or so before an installer came out to fix it, and even then it should have only been a temporary fix. I figured I might as well try, and it worked, so good for me. And yes, as it is in a gray area, you really should think it over before doing any repairs yourself. In my case, I was attempting (and ultimately succeeded) to restore the system to normal function. This I believe falls under right to repair but not all will. As I stated previously, we were prepared to pay any maintenance fees that would have come from a botched repair.
Ryzen 7 2700/16GB RAM/X470 Motherboard/250 GB m.2 SSD/2TB HDD/4GB RX560/Windows 10 Pro