cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

HughesNet Mobile not updating on iOS

Hi mods,

The HughesNet Mobile app is not updating on iOS.  It starts updating, and as soon as it gets to the end, it stops, then goes into a cycle of trying to update but failing just as it hits the end of the update. Does not show an error message. Happened on iPad and iPhone, on the HN network and others. Could you let the engineers know, please?

Had to finally delete the apps and download from the app store, which installed the new version. Still, would have liked to be able to just update it, as the update was a very small file, unlike the whole app. 

Edited to add some more info. 

8 REPLIES 8
Amanda

Hey maratsade,

Thanks for the information; I will pass your experience along. if you can also send over some details like the iPad generation and iOS version, I can update the developers later.

maratsade

Hi Amanda,

Here you go:

IPad 14, 4th gen, iPad OS 17.1.2

Hey maratsade,

I'm jumping in for Amanda here. Do you happen to recall the version of the mobile app you were on when you tried to update?

-Jay

maratsade

Hey Jay,

I don't remember the version, but it would have been the version before the new one, as I update the apps whenever they appear on the update list. 

Thank you for your patience on this. Just heard back from the developers who have recommended uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Have you already given that a try? 

Thanks,

Jay

maratsade

Thanks, Jay! 

Yup, like I wrote in my OP: "Had to finally delete the apps and download from the app store, which installed the new version. Still, would have liked to be able to just update it, as the update was a very small file, unlike the whole app." 😁

Oh, I'm sorry about that! I'll make sure they're aware and keep you updated.

-Jay

maratsade

No worries! Thank you for working on this, Jay (and Amanda!). 😊