cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughesnet usage meter

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Hughesnet usage meter

I have the usage meter 6.6 installed and when downloaded initially it works just fine. Next day it will not open. Since I saved it in Downloads I download once more and it states the Hughes Usage Meter is running and will have to close to complete install which is fine. It will work from the taskbar usually for a day but next day will not work. I have repeated the download process a few times and all works well but never the next day. It is no big deal but something is not compatible with my Windows 10 Pro.

Distinguished Professor III

@edward10

This may sound a little ludicrous, but when you have the Usage Meter window open, go into the settings and uncheck "launch on startup."  Click save, and wait for it to do so.  Then, after the confirmation message has disappeared, do the same, but put the check mark back on "launch on startup."  Click save again, then wait for the confirmation message to disappear.  Then close the Usage Meter window, restart your computer, and see if it starts automatically.  

I don't know why, but I've had an issue in the past with it not opening on its own.  I did what I mentioned above and it seems to have fixed the problem.  I don't know if the Meter just didn't catch that it was supposed to start automatically on computer startup and going through above gave it a kick, but whatever the case it worked for me.  I can't guarantee that it will work, but it certainly couldn't hurt to try.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

" I don't know if the Meter just didn't catch that it was supposed to start automatically on computer startup and going through above gave it a kick, but whatever the case it worked for me.  I can't guarantee that it will work, but it certainly couldn't hurt to try. "

This doesn't work for me, but it seems I may have the "special" edition of Win 10 Home. Smiley Happy

New Poster

Whoever designed the usage meter did a terrible job!  At first (and second) glance, it looks like you've already topped out your data limit!  It's a very bad graph.  I find myself spending hours on the web looking for something better.  Hughes, this is disappointing.

New Poster

Yeah I experience the same problem.  Every other program icon on planet Earth opens and displays its program but this thing had be believing I had a misload.  I uninstalled it and nothing changed.  I finally tossed the shortcut in the recycle bin where it belonged.  You have to find the program down in the task bar.  Between this and the way the crappy data usage meter is designed, I'm surpised the person who wrote that code hasn't been fired yet.

Distinguished Professor III

@sagehawk1wrote:

Whoever designed the usage meter did a terrible job!  At first (and second) glance, it looks like you've already topped out your data limit!  It's a very bad graph.  I find myself spending hours on the web looking for something better.  Hughes, this is disappointing.

How so?  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit