Hughesnet Community

Internet doesn’t work. WiFi light blinking.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamRichardsJr
Freshman

Internet doesn’t work. WiFi light blinking.

I reset my modem trying to get my brother’s Xbox connected. Ever since then nothing connects. The power light is on, the WiFi light is blinking, and all the other lights are off.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok so I called HughesNet tech support over the phone. Which was extremely frustrating btw. They are sending me a new modem. Hopefully that fixes the issue.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
MarkJFine
Professor

What do you mean "reset": Did you just unplug it from the wall then plug it back in, reboot it from the web interface, or did you hold in reset button in the back?

Hopefully, you didn't do the latter, which can reset a lot more than just your wifi.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for the info. Are you able to connect to one of the wi-fi SSIDs or plug a computer directly into the modem? I will need you to try and access http://systemcontrolcenter.com if you can at least connect to the wi-fi. If you can connect to the wi-fi but can't get to that link, please try accessing http://192.168.42.1 

~Amanda

I can’t connect to either of those links. My computer is connected to the modem with a wire but I can’t get internet with it either 🙁 Right now all I have is my cell phone internet.

Ok so I called HughesNet tech support over the phone. Which was extremely frustrating btw. They are sending me a new modem. Hopefully that fixes the issue.

Hi Sam,

Glad to hear we're a step closer to getting the issue resolved. Please let me know if the modem change does not resolve the issue.

Thank you,

Amanda

Hello Sam,

I see that the modem was delivered a couple of days ago and just wanted to check in and see if you've managed to get back online?

Thanks,

Amanda

Hi Sam, Just checking in to see if the modem replacement resolved your issue. We will mark the thread solved and closed in a few days if we don't hear back. Thanks, Amanda
Amanda

Hi Sam,

When you say "reset" can you describe what steps you took to reset?

-Amanda

Unplugged for 30 seconds then plugged back in.

I know you guys are busy but if someone could get back to me on this that would be great.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Amanda or another HN employee will likely respond to you today, but sometimes they're not available right away, so it might take a bit.