Hughesnet Community

Internet has not worked all week customer service hangs up after I wait on hold for 50 minutes?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kayla96
Freshman

Internet has not worked all week customer service hangs up after I wait on hold for 50 minutes?

I don't know what's going on with my internet and it seems like Hughesnet customer service does not help customers when they need it! I was on hold for 50 minutes to be hung up on after the hold music stopped playing. 50 minutes. I have a 18 month old who doesn't give me nearly as much time for myself as I gave to hughesnet to get assistance. Tried live chat 3 different times just to receive 10 messages(each time) stating Thank you for your patience, our agents are busy assisting other customers. My internet browser will not search, my apps on my roku will not even open so there is no complaint of buffering because it is not working entirely. I have tried changing the channels with the admin wifi settings, restarting my router. Still no luck! If anyone has a way to contact hughesnet actually receiving a response please help! I pay for my Hotspot on my phone to get 40 hours a month, usually only have to use it during bad weather and now it's almost completely drained, I have children who have homework and I have children who have that certain show they routinely watch in the morning. This is by far the worst experience I have had, being with this internet provider for almost 3 years now.

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The HughesNet corporate reps on this site can work with you. They’re not here 24/7, though, so you may need to wait until one of them replies to you. But they can check your account, can check your modem remotely, and help you in other ways.  Hopefully they will get back to you quickly.

Remy

Kayla96,

Thanks for reaching out! It seems this is your first post. Welcome to the Community! I was able to locate your account through your Community profile, which is great! After taking a look into your account, it seems you're currently out of high-speed monthly data. This will cause speeds to be slower, and may cause buffering. Your refresh date is every 24th of the month! When data is on the account, do you notice a difference in service? I've gone ahead and added a data token to help with the testing!

Thanks,

Remy

You think if it's because I'm out of data why I'm reaching out? When you are out of data HIGHSPEED internet won't work, your internet should still be functional, mine is not. Please have customer service reach out to me by email to make sure the correct contact info is in place. This needs to be escalated or I am cancelling.

Kayla96,

We are interested to see the results of speed tests and service quality with data versus without, so we have statistics for troubleshooting purposes. If you would like to speak with a different representative online, please reach out at https://www.hughesnet.com/support. Please note that our email agents do not have the same tools some of our other representatives have. We would like to resolve your issues, but it is necessary to troubleshoot to locate the source of the issue.

Thanks,

Remy

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Kayla96 wrote:

My internet browser will not search, my apps on my roku will not even open so there is no complaint of buffering because it is not working entirely.

When you say your internet browser will not search, do you mean the internet doesn't work at all at this point? Like a webpage won't even load? 

If this is the case I'd make sure to note it in a reply, as speed testing won't be possible under those conditions. 

Yes, webpages will not even load.