cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markus81
New Poster

Signal Going In An Out After Heavy Windstorm

Hello All,

We had some extreme windstorms a few week back and I know keep losing signal randomly.  If I take a long broom and which just is long enough to barley touch the dish is gets its signal back.  My question is if I attempt to borrow a tall enough ladder to reach my roof and then try to adjust the dish a cm or so or if any of you know if hughesnet will adjust this for free?  I tried calling the toll free service number but each time they told me it was because of rain/snow even when the sky has been crystal clear...not much help

8 REPLIES 8
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Best thing for you to do now is to wait until one of the corporate Hughesnet reps on this site sees your post and replies to it. They can access your system remotely to see what may be going on, and they can tell you about next steps from there.

Guess waiting might be worth not taking the risk of crawling onto my roof for a diy fix

GabeU

Hopefully you'll see something from one of the reps on here by tomorrow, as they're off during the weekends.

While adjusting it yourself might be tempting, it's actually very easy to make it worse, and that's coming from someone who did just that. Back in around 2017 or 2018, when I had Gen4, my signal was a bit lower than it had been when it was first installed. And by a bit I mean maybe three or four, not anything major and nothing that would cause any problems. But being adventuresome and probably a little bored and the time, and being mechanically inclined, I figured I'd go out and fine tune it. And mine was on a pole in my yard, not on the roof. The first adjustment completely threw it off the satellite, and it took about three hours of fiddling with it to finally find it again. Even worse, the signal was lower than before I started messing with it. Thankfully, I didn't screw it up so badly that a tech was needed to fix it, but the lesson was definitely learned. 🤣

maratsade

@Markus81 wrote:

Guess waiting might be worth not taking the risk of crawling onto my roof for a diy fix

Yep.  You could also make things worse (for the dish and also for yourself, if you get hurt), and you could invalidate warranties, and who knows what else.

Markus81,

Thanks for reaching out! It seems this is your first post here. Welcome to the Community! We'd love to help take a look into this for you, but I was unable to locate your account through your Community profile. Please send us a private message at the link provided below with your account number or a phone number attached, so we can take a deeper dive into this for you!

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/102584

Thanks,

Remy

Markus81
New Poster

Hi Remy,

I hope you are having a good afternoon.  I just wanted to let you know that no one has reached out to me yet to schedule the dish adjustment?

maratsade

@Markus81 

I suggest you remove your personal information from your post, given this is a public site. If you sent a private message to Remy, he already has your information, and if you haven't, you may want to send all personal information via the link he posted.

GabeU

To second maratsade's suggestion, you should never post your personal info on a public site.