Slow Speeds What's Up ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eco
Junior

Slow Speeds What's Up ?

The last 2 days buffering has become a problem.

8:30 Pm pst. Ok the next morning, now again, about 4 Pm pst. 8.25.2024 . There was sporadic service days before , it seems to be more frequent.

Speeds tests show 300 KPS or slower. What's up ?

Thanks

GrumpyCat.1.png

14 REPLIES 14
Remy

eco,

Thank you for reaching out! Are you still experiencing these speed issues?

Thanks,

Remy

Hi Remy, Yes still have a problem, I couldn't run a hughes speed test last nite , that bad. I ran 3 testmytest.com speed tests, the average was 280kps.

As you can see, there is still a problem. Thanks

Hughes Speed Test.png

eco,

Thank you for providing those speed test results! Upon taking a look into your account, it seems you're currently experiencing some alignment issues. This would likely explain the ongoing speed issues. We've decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a full review of your site due to this.

The tech will reach out to schedule and confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed, alternatively you can reschedule online (https://my.hughesnet.com/support/faq/879/?Make%20changes%20to%20your%20upcoming%20appointment%20). Please let us know how the site visit goes!

Thanks,

Remy

Thanks Remy, as usual my Hughes experience is da best 🙂

Happykitten.png

Another day, and speeds appears to have returned. If this was an onsite problem, how could it self fix? This morning's speeds-

Hughes Speed Test 8.27.png

Well, later in the day now from this morning's good speeds.

Hughes Speed 8.27.1.png

Got an email asking if I accepted the solution- um...don't know.

I had a courtesy tech visit Friday. He didn't find anything obvious, only a slight tweak of the dish aim.

I told him speeds are good as the tests show in the early Am, then degrade. How much degradation is acceptable?

Are we back to a congestion problem as with Gen5 ?

He said if they want, he can come back and change the horn radio, and modem. It's up to you, unless what I have is normal, the degradation of speeds later in the day. I'm not buffering yet, always use 360 dpi not trying for HD, that never is possible. Any reply is appreciated. Thanks

Hughes Speed Tests 9.2.24 .png

eco,

Thank you for reaching back out! We're sorry to hear the technician visit didn't seem to fully resolve the issue. In regards to the speed degradation, you should still expect a small change during peak hour usage, but not a degradation to that level, or during the times you've highlighted. It doesn't seem your beam is currently experiencing issues, as we'd be able to identify if you're experiencing a high amount of congestion in the area, or if the beam itself is experiencing technical issues. I'll have your case escalated, so our team can take a further look into it! We'll let you know when we receive an update. Please let us know if and at what time the service degrades tonight.

Thanks,

Remy

Remy- Thanks for your quick reply. I'll take speed tests at noon, and later in the day.  The degradation is considerable comparing mornings to evenings on 9.2 so far todays speeds are:

Hughes Speed 9.3.png

Remy -

Speed did degrade some as the data shows later in the day, but not that bad. Thanks

Here's the data for 9.4 Am -

Hughes 9.4 Am.png

Today-9.5 report shows poor performance. Last nite very slow, this Am markedly slow compared to other mornings at this time. No other apps were running. I doubt congestion at 4:40 Am Pst . What's up? Thanks

Hughes 9.5 Am.png

eco,

Thank you for the update! I will pass this along. Just to make sure, are you experiencing any state codes when experiencing these slower speeds?

Thanks,

Remy

Remy- the state code was 0.00

Here's a summary- Thanks

Hughes State Code Data 9.5.png

9.13.24 I have had 2 calls from Hughes tier4 support. Javier yesterday,  and Ephraim today. It appears our beam is having some congestion problems (who knew) ? with all the ads (ugh). No Mas !

Ephraim had me reset the modem, and check the state codes, he was great. I have a new pin for next week, and the tier 4 phone #.

I cannot say enough how great Hughes has been for me. I have never had such a support response (Dish Tv also great) , but Hughes- Wow.

Thanks to all who are trying to get it right. You are the best!

smilingcat.resized.jpg