Slow Speeds What's Up ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eco
Junior

Slow Speeds What's Up ?

The last 2 days buffering has become a problem.

8:30 Pm pst. Ok the next morning, now again, about 4 Pm pst. 8.25.2024 . There was sporadic service days before , it seems to be more frequent.

Speeds tests show 300 KPS or slower. What's up ?

Thanks

GrumpyCat.1.png

33 REPLIES 33
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I think it's 0.3 Mbps.

Yes, today, and yesterday, by early afternoon, Hughes speed tests do not function, tetstmytest.com do usually, but I have had some not load.

The state codes are not bad- 0.0.0 , yesterday and before  12.1.12 , not today. Either way, you tube videos today buffered , it reminds me of Gen 4, 5. gen 6 has been good, but now , after non or so, not good. At 5 Am or earlier speeds are 30 mps and better , by noon now speeds are abysmal. The call I had from tier 4, Ephraim  admitted they know there are problems. I hope they can find a solution. If it is congestion again, as with Gen4, 5, it is what it is. What can be done?  Thanks for your reply.

Likely a combination of things:

1. It's football season - people stream games. Congestion always increases every fall, especially on Thus evening, and all day Sat/Sun.

2. The weather has been crummy - more people indoors trying to use internet.

3. Hurricanes and general rainy weather (not to mention falling leaves) contributing to poor links between dish and satellite, as well as satellites to ground stations. When links are poor, it causes an increase in repeated packet sends, which inherently increases congestion. You might not be in an affected area, but consider that multiple users around the country that are also routed to your ground station might.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Well, again it's 12 Pm on a Monday, the Hughes speed test is unable to connect with the test server. Not a weekend football, or dwnloading movies time.The State Code is 0.0.0 .

Testmytest speed test was under 200 Kps, or .02 Mps.

The weather is clear in Ca, and South Dakota , where I was switched to after the Gen 6 install.

Speeds are now below 200 Kps every day by noon now. I had 40+Mps Hughes speeds at 4:30 Am pst , which also is the norm.

If this is a congestion problem, I can only look forward to it worsening, unless a solution is implemented. Thanks

Monday evening...
It's 6:30 Pm . Do you know where your internet speed is ?

State Code- 0.0.0

Testmytest6.30 Pm.png

eco,

Thank you for following up with the additional speed tests! Your beam is currently being worked on by our engineers, in an attempt to resolve some issues. We appreciate your patience and cooperation!

Thanks,

Remy

Thanks Remy, as usual, always the best !

Smirkycat.png

10.2 I noticed an outage this morning. When I tried later, Hughes was back.

I tried a Hughes speed test, and had a 404 error notice. Under that was a link for the speed test vendor and subscription prices.

Will the Hughes speed test be restored, or are we left with testmytest.com for speed tests? That tested 26+Mps. I will try later in the day to see if the speed problem continues. Thanks.

Wow, the fix is working! Thanks Hughes Techs 🙂

Hughes Speed Testing is still down.

Speeds 10.2.png

My hopes are dashed 😞 State codes 0.0.0

Speed 10.2.png

Update 10.4 -

5 Am speed- 40+ Mps 12:15 Pm speed 28+ Mps.

I see the Hughes speed test is back.

Good work all, thanks

6:26 Pm Pst.

What a change, fast, slow, fast again .Thanks

Huphes Speed 10.4.6_20 Pm.png

Update- 10.5 9:15 Am Pst.

Speed .03 Mps State Codes 0.0.0

Good last evening, now not so.