cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow download speed day four

Liz

Re: Slow download speed day four

Good morning todreich, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Thanks for working with the community so far with those speed tests. I'd like to run diagnostics on your site to ensure the HughesNet equipment is working normally, so please private message (PM) me your account number (SAN) or the phone number associated with the account.

What prompted you to run speed tests in the first place? Were you trying to stream? Do general web browsing?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

todreich
Freshman

Hey MarkJFine,

This makes sense to me and seems reasonable given the way Hughesnet appears ot handle traffic.

todreich
Freshman

Hey Liz,

Will do! PM heading your way. : )

EDIT: I like to baseline service when I start them. When I got home the first thing I did was log into the modem, shut off wifi, and start running speed tests. As it turns out I was running the tests incorrectly so my results were skewed badly. This was compounded by one device being able to surf, but once more devices were added the available bandwidth was insufficient for any activity. This was way below the behaviour I was expecting so I I went trying to see what was happening. Fortunately I wound up here and found a more expressive and informative support.

Liz

I got your message, todreich, thanks! Please check your PMs.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hi todreich,

Since I've addressed your concerns via PM I'll go ahead and close this thread. Feel free to start a new one should you have any other concerns.

Thanks!

-Liz

View solution in original post