Slow downloads and text message with images

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJRHN
Freshman

Slow downloads and text message with images

I’ve run multiple speeds tests and amazed at the stated “download” speeds, but consistently wait for items to load. Particularly frustrating are iMessages with any photo or images attached. In a recent “text chat” with HughesNet, after the standard un plug and plug in again request, was informed that iMessage may not be compatible with the system. At $150 a month with download caps, I’ve about had it. Suggestions??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning JJRHN,

Engineering has completed the rollout nationwide so please let me know if you are still having this issue with iMessage. If you are, please let me know specifially what is giving trouble, i.e. can't send text/media and/or can't receive text/media.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@JJRHN 

Apparently engineering is already aware of the issue, or at least they've been informed of it.  What may be going on regarding such only the reps can say.  The following is a thread concerning the same issue being experienced by others...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Unable-to-send-or-recieve-imessage-photos/td-p/11481...

Liz

Good morning JJRHN, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I've let engineering know that we have more folks with the same issue. I'll post back once I have any news to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hi JJRHN, 

I appreciate your patience while our engineers investigated this issue. As you might've already read in the bigger thread, apparently engineering has already rolled out a fix to some portions of the network. So please check and confirm that the iMessage issue is resolved for you. If it's still not working, the fix is still in the process of making its way to you. No ETA on when the rollout will be completed. 

Thanks,

Liz

Liz

Good morning JJRHN,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

Why would you close it down when every response I get from you is the engineers are working on it… Not “it’s been fixed.” I feel this will never be resolved and I am waiting for an LTE local Internet option to become available.

Maybe because she gave you two weeks to respond and you didn't. Mind reading isn't a prerequisite.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

And she forgot to actually close the thread. 🙂

@MarkJFine wrote:

Maybe because she gave you two weeks to respond and you didn't. Mind reading isn't a prerequisite.

“So please check and confirm that the iMessage issue is resolved for you. If it's still not working, the fix is still in the process of making its way to you. No ETA on when the rollout will be completed. “
...I checked and it still doesn’t work. Nowhere in her response does it say to reply directly to her and tell her it’s still does not work. I’m assuming you are an employee for HughesNet or just like to make comments to customers, but I’m not looking to get into a troll/text war online. I’m a customer that pays $150 a month for service it doesn’t work.
maratsade

"I’m assuming you are an employee for HughesNet or just like to make comments to customers"

This is a peer-to-peer site, where subscribers help other subscribers.  The HughesNet staff get involved in cases when access to certain information (such as customer records) is needed.  Mark explained why the thread would have been closed; that's appropriate  and you may not have had a reply from a mod at all regarding this, since a fellow subscriber can provide that reply. 

Subscribers coming to this site should expect replies from other subscribers first, and from HughesNet staff (you will recognise them because they have MOD  next to their handle) later, if the peers can't help.   

The HN staff will be back Monday, and if they have an update for you, they'll be sure to post it.   

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

@maratsade wrote:

"I’m assuming you are an employee for HughesNet or just like to make comments to customers"

This is a peer-to-peer site, where subscribers help other subscribers.  The HughesNet staff get involved in cases when access to certain information (such as customer records) is needed.  Mark explained why the thread would have been closed; that's appropriate  and you may not have had a reply from a mod at all regarding this, since a fellow subscriber can provide that reply. 

Subscribers coming to this site should expect replies from other subscribers first, and from HughesNet staff (you will recognise them because they have MOD  next to their handle) later, if the peers can't help.   

The HN staff will be back Monday, and if they have an update for you, they'll be sure to post it.   

WOW

maratsade

Care to explain the WOW, Reggie?  Not sure what you mean by it. 

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

The OP is waiting for a reply from Liz about an issue. She closes the thread without it being resolved. Then you and Mark tell the OP it is his fault. Please reread the post.

@Reggie 

The OP was responded to 2 weeks ago. Feedback was requested at that time and none was provided, so it was assumed it was ignored.

Many people on here get their issues resolved and just drop it with no further response, and they can't wait and leave the ticket open forever. No 'wow' needs inserting here - it's really not helpful.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

No problem. I understand. Only the choose ones are helpful.

The OP (me) was responded to, but I still contend I was not specifically directed to confirm in a written response to her. As stated above, mind reading is not a prerequisite and I’ll wait for a response from the moderator 🤫

Good luck with that. I've always learned communication is a two-way street. If you ignore a valid response to something that's obviously important to you, then prepare to be ignored yourself.

Secondly, this is a user-to-user site available to everyone. Not your personal problem ticket site. Shush yourself.

Sorry ..wrong emoji.  I meant to use my pensive and thought provoking one...

maratsade

Hopefully you'll hear from someone come Monday....

JJRHN wrote:
The OP (me) was responded to, but I still contend I was not specifically directed to confirm in a written response to her.

@Reggie wrote:

Only the choose ones are helpful.

No, spurring discontent in an unwarranted fashion without any constructive information and redirecting someone else's 'help ticket' into side discussions such as these is not helpful.

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Sorry if my post are misunderstood. I will try to do better in the future.