Solution is not a solution for spam emails

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nitaclay
Sophomore

Solution is not a solution for spam emails

This is the 3rd time I have asked for help, and Liz's last response to me on February 19 stated that my problem with spam emails had been solved. She said the offending IPs had been blocked, and I should receive zero spam emails or at least very few. That's hogwash!! Today's number was 121 at last count. It does no good to mark them as spam! I do not surf the internet clicking on sites I do not know. I do not understand why HughesNet is unable to stay on top of this.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi nitaclay,

Thank you for your patience, I just got off the phone with our e-mail admins, got a top guy looking into your account and seeing what we can do for now.  In the long term, our e-mail admins have already been testing out a different spam control which has been looking a lot more promising than the current one. We will likely see this new one implemented soon, so I hope to see a significant difference by then.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

Good morning nitaclay,

Thank you for your patience, I've just gotten word that the switch has been made. We should expect better spam filtering now moving forward.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Hopefully @Liz will have some more information for you today. 

@nitaclay wrote:

This is the 3rd time I have asked for help, and Liz's last response to me on February 19 stated that my problem with spam emails had been solved. She said the offending IPs had been blocked, and I should receive zero spam emails or at least very few. That's hogwash!! Today's number was 121 at last count. It does no good to mark them as spam! I do not surf the internet clicking on sites I do not know. I do not understand why HughesNet is unable to stay on top of this.

Why does SPAM keep coming thru?

I use BLOCK & most of the times= it is sent to TRASH.

I send Trash to Deleted Items & they still continue to come in. \

I try to empty the DELETED items & NOTHING happens.?

WHERE is HUGHES SUPPORT? 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You mean that when you try to delete the trash the messages remain?  How are you trying to delete them?

As for the spam, I hope @Liz or another mod will soon have an update about the issue. 

@rollo22 wrote:

Why does spam keep coming thru?

I use block & most of the times= it is sent to trash .

I send Trash to Deleted Items & they still continue to come in. \

Liz

Hi nitaclay,

Thank you for posting, that is definitely frustrating, I'm sorry to hear this is happening again. Spammers always find ways to circumvent spam controls and such. I've escalated this to our e-mail admins to see if they have any special insight into what's going on with this latest attack. Until then, marking as spam is the only way to help our spam controls to learn and prevent these from happening to others.

I'll post back once I hear any news to share.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

Hi nitaclay,

Thank you for your patience, I just got off the phone with our e-mail admins, got a top guy looking into your account and seeing what we can do for now.  In the long term, our e-mail admins have already been testing out a different spam control which has been looking a lot more promising than the current one. We will likely see this new one implemented soon, so I hope to see a significant difference by then.

-Liz

Please keep me updated on the progress! I'm glad to know it is being worked on!

Good morning nitaclay,

Thank you for your patience, I've just gotten word that the switch has been made. We should expect better spam filtering now moving forward.

-Liz

Oh, Liz! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I went from 79 spam emails on the 26th, 107 on 3/27, 82 on 3/28 to 12 today, and that was earlier this morning. I have received 0 this afternoon! I am beyond thrilled! Hope the spammers are blocked for good!

Thank you for the update! Glad to hear it. While the new filter has shown significant improvement over the previous filter, it won't block 100% of spam, as spammers will always find ways to get around them. So it can still help to mark the few that happen to get through.

If you have any other concerns, feel free to drop by the community again.

-Liz