cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkeeper1
Junior

Spring time Slowdown

Hi;

I see my old post is still up - but since that was solved last year, (by Elizabeth and Amanda), I thought starting a new one was better.

Anyway, I have had a severe slowdown the last few month's.  Which I at first attributed to having used up my plan data.  I was afraid of this when I switched to a plan with less data, but it was what I could afford and I am learning to live with it. 

BUT like now,  I still have plenty of data left (it just rolled over)  and I am doing speed tests during the "bonus" period (it is a little after 5:00 a.m.). Two test done on your site just a few minutes ago registered download speeds of 2.0 and 2.1.  Should be a lot higher. You can also check some I have done on your site and the testmy site, both through a router and direct into the computer. 

I will be doing some more later this morning.  I will do these plugged direct into the computer. (Not going through a router).

Can we do any "tweaking"  to speed things up?  It is  getting to be a nuisance.

As always, I appreciate all you have done in the past.

Thanks,

Bkeeper

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Cliff!

Thanks for the update, I'm glad the tech addressed your concerns. The community is always here if you need it, don't be a stranger. 🙂

PS

While our tech was able to address your performance concern this time around, please also keep in mind the springtime growth that can also be a factor. From the installation photo we have on file showing your dish's line of sight, I do see a tree nearby that might be of concern. 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Liz

Good morning Bkeeper,

Welcome back, and thanks for posting. After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Friday, May 4, 2018 between 11:00 AM-02:00 PM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #112175818 if you need to reschedule. I want to make sure you get this site visit before we do any further troubleshooting (if necessary).

Please let us know how the site visit goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Liz;

Glad to see you are still here.

The "installer" was out Saturday and did all kinds of things.  You will probably get a report from him.

I do know he re-positioned and realigned the dish and replaced the (radio?) and modem.  He tested everything he could think of. The end result - speed is up where it belongs (at least right now).  Many thanks to both you and him.  You for getting someone out here quick and him for getting it fixed. 

Let's hope I have no more problems till next spring.  

I enjoy the community postings and think I will try to get on it (just to see what is going on) more often.

Thanks again,

Cliff

Hi Cliff!

Thanks for the update, I'm glad the tech addressed your concerns. The community is always here if you need it, don't be a stranger. 🙂

PS

While our tech was able to address your performance concern this time around, please also keep in mind the springtime growth that can also be a factor. From the installation photo we have on file showing your dish's line of sight, I do see a tree nearby that might be of concern.