cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2yearwait
Freshman

Usage Meter Questions

Hi All,
I have questions about tracking my usage. I am nearing the end of the **bleep** on it a blue page with nothing but an unclickable HughesNet logo appeared, and so I deleted it all in frustration. (I'm not much of a technician, I'm afraid..)

Can I track my usage by checking the Usage Status daily or do I really need the downloadable Usage Meter? I have been using my computer's Activity Monitor to track my Network Processes to see what sorts of internet activities use up the most data and I've learned a lot. Hopefully, I can stay within my plan's limits.

I have only one device - a mac mini desktop and I am using the ethernet connection only. I have disabled the wifi per instructions in the start up guide.  Anyway, if anyone can explain more about using the Status Meter vs Usage Meter, I would be grateful.

(edit: I didn't use any bad language above. I was saying I tried to install the Usage Meter for mac but when I open in i get a blue logo that is unclickable so I deleted it.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@2yearwait 

Part of your first paragraph got bleeped out.  The community has a glitch as of recent where it bleeps out arbitrary things for no apparent reason.  Because of this, I may not be answering all of your questions.  

The Usage Meter used to be called the Status Meter, and in some places it may still be called the latter..  

It's recommended to download and install the HughesNet Usage Meter for an easy way to keep an eye on your data levels.   You can check your usage at the System Control Center, or by signing into the HughesNet MyAccount site and clicking on the Usage Header, but the Usage Meter is just an easier way of doing so.  There used to be a link for the Mac version of the Usage Meter on the MyAccount site, but I don't see it anymore (it could be because I'm on a PC).  I think you can still get it from here, though.

EditHere's another page with a download link.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU

@2yearwait 

Part of your first paragraph got bleeped out.  The community has a glitch as of recent where it bleeps out arbitrary things for no apparent reason.  Because of this, I may not be answering all of your questions.  

The Usage Meter used to be called the Status Meter, and in some places it may still be called the latter..  

It's recommended to download and install the HughesNet Usage Meter for an easy way to keep an eye on your data levels.   You can check your usage at the System Control Center, or by signing into the HughesNet MyAccount site and clicking on the Usage Header, but the Usage Meter is just an easier way of doing so.  There used to be a link for the Mac version of the Usage Meter on the MyAccount site, but I don't see it anymore (it could be because I'm on a PC).  I think you can still get it from here, though.

EditHere's another page with a download link.  

Thanks @GabeU 
I will try to download the Usage Meter again.

GabeU

@2yearwait 

You're very welcome.  🙂